Alabama Sound of the Summer - Opelika AL

Are those times central. Opelika is about 15 min from eastern.

Wouldn't be so sure about that one. Scouts are really cleaning a really difficult product and making that final surge now.

Now that we know there will only be 5 judges (which really sucks c'mon DCI) the scores for tonights show will be questioned up and down.

Given the fact that it's a five person panel, color guard being judged, I'm placing my money on the Blue Stars. Here's why.

Their last five color guard scores:

Blue Stars:

17.2 San Antonio

Madison Scouts:

14.8 San Antonio

Not even comparable.

They were close in other captions as well in San Antonio. Should be interesting.

Wouldn't be so sure about that one. Scouts are really cleaning a really difficult product and making that final surge now.

So are the Blue Stars, though I'm not so sure a final surge 2 and a half weeks before finals is when you want to have one. Regardless, I wish them both luck tonight. Great match up.

• Like 1

Now that we know there will only be 5 judges (which really sucks c'mon DCI) the scores for tonights show will be questioned up and down.

Kinda like yesterday's Hattiesburg scores...not that they had a 5 panel. but 94.250 with 2 weeks to go until finals?? I mean, that would translate to BD having to score a 104.6 to win it... :huh2: C'mon DCI. Judges in the south seem just a little pumped up to me.

• Like 1

Storms are slow to develop this afternoon. There are a few lines west of the Stadium but they are relatively small and short lasting. I don't see a show cancellation chance here, a delay at best...maybe. Unlike Little Rock yesterday where a massive MCS was bearing down on them.

Edited for better wording.

Edited by rainshdw08

Apparently with a 5-person judging panel. INT had to withdraw because of Hot Dog and coke poisoning.

This always seems to be happening to INT. This season they were banned from any NY shows due to a 18 inch serving of perfectly fine coca cola last season there.

Edited by BRASSO

Good luck Madison! Show those judges what you are all about!

• Like 1

That's precisely why I said *could* win. Wait, let me check... Yes, that's why I used could. You qualified it with sure. No one is sure.

Edited by hammondbrass
  • Like 1