Should DCI have age limitations for Judges ?

There seems to be a feeling that some judges in DCI have reached their limit of usefulness and be put out to pasture or retire. Would be nice to see how people feel about this issue. Also how can DCI replace these supposed " Ageing-Out" judges with equally experienced people so that the activity does not suffer.

No, these people are mentors to the newer, younger generations of judges that are starting to come about. There has to be a way to educate and teach the judges of the future, because the current crop of major names won't be around forever.

Really? Are you serious?

Guess you have not been reading the posts for the past week. Seems that many think some of the judges are past their prime.

If the more experienced judges can't adapt to the newer judging sheets, then I think it's time for newer judges who have been experienced to the new sheets from the start.

Just want to emphasize, I don't care how old or young they are. I just want them to judge by the new sheets/updates DCI adds to the judging criteria.

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

No, these people are mentors to the newer, younger generations of judges that are starting to come about. There has to be a way to educate and teach the judges of the future, because the current crop of major names won't be around forever.

I agree 100%.

There seems to be a feeling that some judges in DCI have reached their limit of usefulness and be put out to pasture or retire. Would be nice to see how people feel about this issue. Also how can DCI replace these supposed " Ageing-Out" judges with equally experienced people so that the activity does not suffer.

What a stupid concept. I really don't understand why you would feel that somebody with the upper limits of experience should somehow be forced out of their position based on how old they are. In Korea the older you are the more respected you become. Maybe we should start adopting that culture here.

What a stupid concept. I really don't understand why you would feel that somebody with the upper limits of experience should somehow be forced out of their position based on how old they are. In Korea the older you are the more respected you become. Maybe we should start adopting that culture here.

I come from an Asian background so I 100% agree with you. By no means am I saying that old judges should be kicked out just because.