What are you packing for Indy?

Just signed up for the 5K walk/run. I'll be walking! Hope I remember to bring my tickets and my sneakers!

Just signed up for the 5K walk/run. I'll be walking! Hope I remember to bring my tickets and my sneakers!

I'm thinking about walking that 5K - will bring my better shoes just in case. But 7:30am.... the day after the semi's after-party.... that's sounding like a stretch!

I was going to bring my missile-like object, but the recording outside the stadium said no :(

ha!!! By the way, at Denver they would not allow anything at all that was bigger than a small clutch purse. Not sure if that's going to be the case at Indy, but the security folks in Denver said it was an NFL stadium policy. People were walking all they way back to their cars to get rid of backpacks, larger purses, etc.

Flying in on Thursday. The lady and I are staying at the Hyatt Place by the Airport again this year. Have a ton of points from business travel and this one is free otherwise would stay downtown.

Our itinerary is as follows.

Thursday DEN-IND land around lunch time, make out way to Skyline Chili. Shes a Cincinnati native so it's mandatory.

I'll drop her at the hotel and go to Military Park. She loves the shows but not as into it as standing in the lot lol. Will stay there for a while I think. If there is gonna be a DCP meet up we should just do it at the park lol.

Friday Semi tickets. Will be there all day and sadly, I too will have to leave the missile like objects and vuvuzuelas (I doubt that's how its actually spelled lol) in the car.

Saturday finals tickets. Stoked for the melt my face off seats I scored this year. But before, probably head out to a housing site or two. After will absolutely hammer back a few beers to unwind after being so wrapped up at the show.

Sunday, day trip to Cincinnati to see her friends and family and then back to Indy for a flight home on Monday afternoon.

I'd be very excited for a DCP meet up if that's a thing.

7th time to finals for me. Second time in Indy. Went last year too.

As much as some of us like to complain about it always being in Indy, I still very much look forward to the trip and am just as excited this year as last year.

See you guys in Indy!

Edited by beatmaker751

Oh, forgot to mention that we are staying at the Courtyard near the canals downtown.

Almost booked a spot there at the KOA, but found one at Lake Haven about 6 miles from LOS. We will be up near Wesleyan University in Marion on Thursday, then head down on Friday to Indy. I wish we were only 3 hours away! We have about 12-13 hours, coming from Oklahoma.