What are you packing for Indy?

Made your arrangements to go?

What do you have done? What's left to do?

Planes, trains, and automobiles, and hotels, motels, and campgrounds.

When will you be going? Got any plans for side adventures?

Spill the beans. It's INDY week!

I am bringing my daughter and my 80-year-old mother - who will experience Indy for the first time. On prelims day, I will take her to Military Park, plop her on a bench in the shade and let her take it all in. She has never experienced a brassline warm-up in person. We will attend semis and for the first time for any of us - Finals. It is my son's year to "leave his shoes on the field" so this will be an emotional week in Indy for our family.

Kids don't do drum corps, families do!

As for side trips, nah, it's all about drum corps for us.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 2

I'm traveling solo to Finals for the first time in a long, long time - arriving Thursday about noon and departing Monday at 6am. I gave myself Sunday as a recovery day - I'm going to need it! I'm bringing lots of Trooper gear of course, and last year's SCV Les Mis shirt. (loved that show)

I'll be attending all three shows, though I may be a bit more of a lot rat on Thursday. I'll just have to wait and see what my mood is that day. I'm also attending the Troopers banquet on Sunday. (haven't done that since my marching days!)

If there's a DCP gathering somewhere, that would be cool to attend. I will be easy to spot. Go Troop. :smile:

I am bringing my daughter and my 80-year-old mother - who will experience Indy for the first time. I will take her to Military Park, plop her on a bench in the shade and let her take it all in. We will attend semis and for the first time for any of us - Finals. It is my son's year to "leave his shoes on the field" so this will be an emotional week in Indy for our family.

Kids don't do drum corps, families do!

As for side trips, nah, it's all about drum corps for us.

If your daughter is young enough to enjoy Conner Prairie (period specific farm/community attraction of high quality), I strongly recommend it as a side trip.

Going Friday morning with an arrival in the mid afternoon. Bringing my son's girlfriend and a winning spirit and my Boston gear. Plan to spend time at Military Park with a blanket under a shade tree and enjoy the talents of the members. Also, dinner at St. Elmo's friday night. Saturday it's Drum Corps and Drum Corps only! Will don my Boston gear and root for my favorite Crusader. I LOVE the Bloo's Tilt and of course BAC's Animal Farm. My Crusader, his girl and I will leave Sunday for reality.

We'll be changing things up a little this year and taking the RV! It's our 5th year going to Indy and we have stayed at just about all the hotels and did all the downtown festivities. This will allow us to stay up near Marion, where Bluecoats and our daughter are housing. Then we will move down to Indy for Semi's and Finals. Should be fun! Go BLOOOOOO!!!!!

Friends and i will leave friday morning. We sorta fell into some great seats for semis, so no lot for us this year. The usual trip to bub's burgers before finals. Cafe patachou for brunch after finals. And might watch the arsenal v man city match before heading back on sunday.

Leaving early Thursday morning for the 9 hour drive, along with my brother and good friend. We will probably do the usual, all u can eat sushi at Club Sushi on Thursday, walk around all day Friday and end up at Fogo. My brother is running in the DCI 5k, and then we will probably head down to watch Drumline battle, followed by a couple refreshments and lunch at the RAM before Finals.

We'll be changing things up a little this year and taking the RV! It's our 5th year going to Indy and we have stayed at just about all the hotels and did all the downtown festivities. This will allow us to stay up near Marion, where Bluecoats and our daughter are housing. Then we will move down to Indy for Semi's and Finals. Should be fun! Go BLOOOOOO!!!!!

Hey! We're taking the RV, too.

We've been RVing to finals for 15 years. Staying at KOA east of town and towing my truck to drive to the shows.

Brought the beast home today to pack (not much to pack really. It's just the _kid and me this year.

Arrive Thursday about noon.

Wife and daughter staying home again. Vacation for them, too!

A couple pairs of underwear and some clean shorts and we're good to go.

Indy is just 3 hours away!