I'm sure someone has probably already said something but..

In my 14 years of being involved with this activity, there has never (in my opinion) a better top 8. For the 5 years I marched, things were never as competitive and entertaining as they are now. It's amazing how far this activity has come from what it use to be.

Does anybody else agree or do I just have a bad memory??

• Like 2

In my 14 years of being involved with this activity, there has never (in my opinion) a better top 8. For the 5 years I marched, things were never as competitive and entertaining as they are now. It's amazing how far this activity has come from what it use to be.

I completely agree.

Look at Colts Troop and Crossmen all 3 of those are truly finals quality.... Only one gets in.... That's the depth in the ranks above.... Do we realize that the Scouts with that outrageous talent will likely finish 11th or 10th? Same for BStars and BAC- amazing corps that finish in a top 10 spot but are far better than even that.... Bk Iikely will beat their personal best score ever or come close to it and still could finish 8th just crazy

• Like 1

I don't know about never, but this years corps from top to bottom give incredibly performed and entertaining shows. When Crown is placing in 5th with a show like that, you know it is a high-level year.

Well the thing is, I don't understand how people could think that there have been more competitive years than right now.

The quality of players are lightyears above what they were in the 90s (once again my personal opinion)

I'm sure I'll get murdered for that statement.

The demand is much higher physically and technically.

I just don't see how anyone could say that things were more intense than they are right now.

I'm sure the people in the 80s thought the people in the 90s weren't nearly as competitive (I can only assume that was the mentality)

So I'd like to hear other peoples perspective on why this wouldn't be

In my 14 years of being involved with this activity, there has never (in my opinion) a better top 8. For the 5 years I marched, things were never as competitive and entertaining as they are now. It's amazing how far this activity has come from what it use to be. Jeez! How G8 of you. There is a lot more quality and entertainment beyond the top 8.