Just Discovered "Into the Light"

Speaking of members, there is a front ensemble player (blonde woman featured in the ballad) who seems to be in Santa Clara the following year. If they won the Sanford in 2010, why move over to Santa Clara?

Ok, I just checked at From the Pressbox: In 2011 PR came 7th in percussion with 18.5. SC came 4th, beating PR by .5, So maybe they had a lot of age-outs? Anyway, the Cavvies cleaned everyone's clock in 2011 in percussion. On the other hand, Santa Clara had actually come in 9th in percussion in 2010, so why switch? These kids know things we don't, I guess.

Or maybe it's a different person who just looks the same. Or a twin. Or two of a pair of triplets. Or... OK I'll stop.

Speaking of members, there is a front ensemble player (blonde woman featured in the ballad) who seems to be in Santa Clara the following year. If they won the Sanford in 2010, why move over to Santa Clara?

A number of members from Phantom's drum line followed Paul Rennick to Vanguard. It's the same person.

Edited by Lincoln

Yeah, Paul moved from Phantom to Santa Clara, and a whole bunch o' drummers followed him.

I'm a born and bred drummer, but honestly I only like the opener and closer to this show. The middle movements, while true to the original, feel like stabby tension/release stuff that doesn't really do much for me. That said, I like the the opener and closer a *lot.*

Mike

(edit: forgot to say - that drill. Ohhhhh, that drill. Can't get enough of it - it might be the most "logical" progression of sets seen from a corps not from Rosemont.)