Drill inspirations

Whether you like velocity drill ala Sacktig, Pete Weber's pictures of France, Leon May's Crown jewels, or the approach of Murphy-Ryan, Vanderkolff etc., drill writers need inspirations to "see" the music as more than notes.

George Zingali admitted to having a muse when he looked at clouds, ocean waves, and migrating birds. Watch these starlings and you'll understand.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/watch-starlings-form-spectacular-murmuration-n299171

Edited by xandandl

Finally, a context where this video is applicable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RLDtpXr6XQ

Now that would seem most worthwhile and enlightening. Anyone?

If I wasn't investing all my income into drum corps, I would put good money down for such a venture. Edited by SpenceriEuph

If I weren't investing all my income into drum corps, I would put good money down for such a venture.

Your drillwriter for '2015 has been around for much of the activity and its development. Get him to share some stories and these might become an opening chapter or two...

Still waiting for creation out of negative space in drill, played with it a tiny bit myself, figure someone must have done it though and I just missed it

Can you elaborate regarding "creation from negative space"?