93 Star vs. 95 Madison

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which show do you prefer?

• 93 Star
    • 95 Madison

Someone could make a poll of Star '93 vs. any Madison Scouts show ever fielded and I would vote Star '93 every single time.

This makes me laugh out loud and feel sad for you at the same time.

• Like 1

Pete,

I don't disagree but am perplexed. How does one look at a video and determine performer's commitment/motivation?

I agree that their excellence in spite of the lack of positive crowd reaction (as compared to other corps' performances) speaks highly of the commitment.

Was the commitment of '14 Boston Crusaders any less? How would one know?

Yes, all the corps are pretty much at 100% as far as I can see. However when a corps does something highly unusual it's likely that it won't be done particularly well from a design standpoint, which sometimes appears to undermine member effort or intensity. It probably doesn't really, but it seems to from my perspective. But Star 93 was well designed and consistent, and they seemed to be at 100% in spite of the weirdness of the show. As if there had been lots of drum corps shows like that before. They looked like old pros at this kind of show, not like people figuring out how to do this kind of show.

Just a subjective impression.

Yes, all the corps are pretty much at 100% as far as I can see. However when a corps does something highly unusual it's likely that it won't be done particularly well from a design standpoint, which sometimes appears to undermine member effort or intensity. It probably doesn't really, but it seems to from my perspective. But Star 93 was well designed and consistent, and they seemed to be at 100% in spite of the weirdness of the show. As if there had been lots of drum corps shows like that before. They looked like old pros at this kind of show, not like people figuring out how to do this kind of show.

Just a subjective impression.

It's been said that the decision to leave DCI had already been made by Star before the end of the season that year.

Were the marching members aware that the show they were performing at finals would be the last competition (ever?) for the corps?

Not directed at you Pete Freedman, just tagging it onto your discussion.

Edited by Lincoln

It's been said that the decision to leave DCI had already been made by Star before the end of the season that year.

Were the marching members aware that the show they were performing at finals would be the last competition (ever?) for the corps?

Not directed at you Pete Freedman, just tagging it onto your discussion.

It had been made before, and yes the members were aware.

I recall hearing a story that Star either had camp rehearsals in 94, &/or actually performed 1 show in 94 (to a chorus of boos taking the field??), then backed out. Is my memory making that up, or did any variation of that actually happen?

I recall hearing a story that Star either had camp rehearsals in 94, &/or actually performed 1 show in 94 (to a chorus of boos taking the field??), then backed out. Is my memory making that up, or did any variation of that actually happen?

Rumor