Best headphones for DCI?

Curious, what’s the highest quality file DCI offers?

Depending, could effect headphone choice, you may also want to consider your DAC limits too

I’d love for DCI to do a run of records or at least high rez audio files

Say what you will about those crappy 70s hornlines by some or those records had so much depth – Guardsmen’s 79 closers can only be heard on the record

Quality of video or file counts a ton. Check out this video from YouTube.

It is as if the guy who made this went back to 1991 and shot Finals in HD.

I understand we have the Blu Ray collections now. But I would be happy to own a copy of 91

with the quality of sound of picture in this video. Special mention goes out to the SCV snare line shot in the opener of Miss Saigon. It always my favorite, and really cool to see it with this quality,

http://youtu.be/ura1gzmWKF4

Curious, what’s the highest quality file DCI offers?

Depending, could effect headphone choice, you may also want to consider your DAC limits too

I’d love for DCI to do a run of records or at least high rez audio files

Say what you will about those crappy 70s hornlines by some or those records had so much depth – Guardsmen’s 79 closers can only be heard on the record

I couldn't agree more. I have tons of old vinyl drum corps and their depth and warmth has never been reproduced by digital anywhere.

IMO

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

I couldn't agree more. I have tons of old vinyl drum corps and their depth and warmth has been reproduced by digital anywhere.

IMO

What you're hearing has more to do with the microphones, microphone placement, and the mixing process than listening to the result on vinyl. A lot of that "warmth" is artificial. Awesome, but artificial.

Edited by Kamarag

My Sennheiser HD650s are the best for just about everything, IMO.

• Like 1