Showdown in Santa Clara - June 22

Why doesn't BD appear at this show?

Great question. I do not know why. Its not uncommon for BD to focus on weekend shows early in the season and rehearsals during the week.

They clearly arent hurting for money (passing up opportunities to do these shows) and it doesn't hurt their placement either.

For example BD is performing in 5 shows this june, whereas SCV is performing in 8,BK and Crown in 7. These are the only ones i know off the top of my head.

Its worth noting that after this weekend BD is driving to Massachusetts to attend the DCI east coast classic at foxboro where BAC is having their 75th anniversary celebration. Going from coast to coast in four nights.

From what it says on their website it appears that BD is actually flying over to the East Coast after their string of California shows

Oh i didn't know they were flying, makes sense! I didn't think legally their drivers could drive that far in such short time with how speed and hours are limited.

Great question. I do not know why. Its not uncommon for BD to focus on weekend shows early in the season and rehearsals during the week.

They clearly arent hurting for money (passing up opportunities to do these shows) and it doesn't hurt their placement either.

For example BD is performing in 5 shows this june, whereas SCV is performing in 8,BK and Crown in 7. These are the only ones i know off the top of my head.

Its worth noting that after this weekend BD is driving to Massachusetts to attend the DCI east coast classic at foxboro where BAC is having their 75th anniversary celebration. Going from coast to coast in four nights.

Usually, BD heads to SoCal directly from the Sacramento show for System Blue clinics they host early in this week and before performing in the SoCal shows. In years past, the Santa Clara show has followed the SoCal shows with SCV and the visiting eastern corps heading back up north, doing the show in Santa Clara, and then heading up to the Pacific Northwest, while BD would head east from SoCal . This year the Santa Clara show is in between the north and south CA shows with SVC and PR heading over to Mesa, AZ and then east, and only BK headed into the Pacific Northwest. My point is that BD has not attended the SCV show for a few years now.

• Like 1

So, they should be at INT now, from what the schedule says. Guess no one cares to report or anything, since BD isn't there.

Go INT

• Like 1

Bump bump bump where are we, anyone give any love to the West Side?

Apparently not Wes. Guess it's only important when BD is there.

BD... Who are they....

• Like 1

BD... Who are they....

I am going to have to plea the fifth on that one, lest I be branded a "hater" of some type.

A big cheer for all the marchers of every drum corps! I mean that sincerely, and I will leave it at that. Haha

It is disheartening that people only seem to care about a competition when the corps with the most titles are participating.