Highest Elevation Show Ever Tonight?

At 7,200 feet above sea level Laramie Wyoming is nearly 2,000 feet higher than Denver. Is this the highest elevation show ever?

I've always wanted to see a show at War Memorial Stadium and can only imagine how great the view will be with crisp sound. But, alas I'm stuck in the home here in Illinois.

warmemorial.jpg

Would love to hear reports from the corps to see how the elevation affects their performance. There ain't much air up thar. I know that when I go to visit family in Laramie I'm suckin' wind before I get to the top of the stairs.

Would love to hear reports from the corps to see how the elevation affects their performance. There ain't much air up thar. I know that when I go to visit family in Laramie I'm suckin' wind before I get to the top of the stairs.

I remember twice when I marched in Mile high, I thought I was gonna pass out from lack of air.

In case you haven't noticed yet, I have started a thread for the show itself.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/162623-sky-high-in-wy-laramie-79/

BK needs to run a show in Leadville or Aspen...somewhere upward of 10,000 feet. Set a new record AND give all those lowlander corps a bit of stress in their summer. LOL!!

Now THAT'S innovation!

• Like 1

Yeah...and in case you didn't know...I started my thread first. ;)

• Like 7

When I marched with BK back in 99, we did a show in Laramie. So this wouldn't be the highest one ever, but it is at least tied!

• Like 1