Highest Elevation Show Ever Tonight?

There use to be shows in Grand Junction and Montrose, etc. These gave quite a few corps some expanded lung challenges. And a few discovered that many mountain roads don't have guard rails.

• Like 1

There use to be shows in Grand Junction and Montrose, etc. many mountain roads don't have guard rails.

My guess, the guards in the Corps wouldn't let that stop them.

There use to be shows in Grand Junction and Montrose, etc. These gave quite a few corps some expanded lung challenges. And a few discovered that many mountain roads don't have guard rails.

Oh, yeah...I've been on those roads. The view out the drop-off side will take your breath away. LOL!!

I remember twice when I marched in Mile high, I thought I was gonna pass out from lack of air.

BITD, we would spend several days leading up to the Denver show in Glenwood Springs, CO (about 500 feet or so higher than Denver). When we "dropped down" to Denver for the weekend show, we had no issues.

The wife was heading to the show. Said her ears were popping.

At 7,200 feet above sea level Laramie Wyoming is nearly 2,000 feet higher than Denver. Is this the highest elevation show ever?

I've always wanted to see a show at War Memorial Stadium and can only imagine how great the view will be with crisp sound. But, alas I'm stuck in the home here in Illinois.

warmemorial.jpg

Colorado Springs used to have a show in one of the higher areas of the city (also at 7200ft). I remember performing there in 1986. It made the next night's Denver show easy on the lungs.

Colorado Springs used to have a show in one of the higher areas of the city (also at 7200ft). I remember performing there in 1986. It made the next night's Denver show easy on the lungs.

I distinctly remember trying to survive that show in particular. Boy howdy did I come out dizzy. I remember one or two people had to jolt to the sideline to catch their breath. Denver. Not even once.

I distinctly remember trying to survive that show in particular. Boy howdy did I come out dizzy. I remember one or two people had to jolt to the sideline to catch their breath. Denver. Not even once.

Everyone makes a big deal about the Mile High City, but Colorado Springs and a number of other good sized cities are higher.

The day before the CS show, we had a short rehearsal followed by a trip to Pike's Peak and a night off. Of course, Frank Williams was on the road with us, so that short rehearsal was a warm-up and several back-to-back run throughs to build stamina. I thought I was going to die after the first one, and figured the whole corps would die before we finished them all (I lost count at four).

There's a reason that Suncoast brass line was balls to the wall all summer....