SECAUCUS SHOW - CANCELLED

All in all just unfortunate. From my observations, DCA contests are prerty much at turf fields now, and I think they go by something like the DCI regs, the show will go on if there is no visible lightning. The delays a couple of years ago at DCA Prelims I believe were because US Naval regulations and protocol were stricter in regards of lightning- something like a 20 mile radius of ther stadium. Big Sounds last year had rain for a part of it, the show was still great, Tom Moore tried to keep dry with a rain poncho parking cars- something I didn't envy...

1: Would have been nice for Sky to lay down a number before D-Town. My guess is they will go on after Excelsior, which is helpful for them in that a number will be on the sheets before they perform.

2: Hurcs are looking a lot stronger this year, but they need to keep establishing their momentum and placements, good for their morale, and bad for those who wish to pursue. A good number could have done that for them.

3: I'm sure Fusion and the Cabs would have wanted more numbers to compile and see of their numbers can trend better than they did at the last contest- some of the top-bottom spreads weren't where they would want them to be, I'm sure.

This makes D-Town a lot more important, a lot more.

Excelsior wants to get a solid number and establish themselves as a real contender for Class A Finals, not as a just happy to be there corps.

Bush, Sky, Hurcs, White Sabres all want to know how they relate to one another badly.

C2 wants to establish consistency and set a number to close on Fusion or get by them. They also need to get the Brass and Ensemble Music score more in line with the percussion numbers.

Bucs want to blow up the place and lay down a smackin' big humber when the dust settles.

Whatever happened with the contest- happened, and it's just a real shame. My serious concern is that the show will be back next year. When this happens in DCA, it usually means the show's done for, and that would be an upsetting thing.

Big W...I hope you'll be at D-town and post a review.......always a valued insight!

Big W...I hope you'll be at D-town and post a review.......always a valued insight!

I plan on it. Ticket was bought- the only thing stopping me would be a physical or mechanical disaster. :satisfied:

Edited by BigW

I plan on it. Ticket was bought- the only thing stopping me would be a physical or mechanical disaster. :satisfied:

Hmmmm ... lunch/dinner before, or a bite to eat afterward, perhaps? I think the Downingtown Diner is open 24/7 for after the show. Provided The Blob doesn't destroy the place. LOL. (I'm guessing W and the folks who live in that area will get that reference.)

I'll send you a PM.

The delays a couple of years ago at DCA Prelims I believe were because US Naval regulations and protocol were stricter in regards of lightning- something like a 20 mile radius of the stadium.

Correct.

I'm not sure of the exact mileage, but Navy-Marine Corps Stadium has an automatic "trigger" for halting/delaying an event when lightning is nearby.

It was used during at least one other event I attended at that stadium before the DCA situation.

Hmmmm ... lunch/dinner before, or a bite to eat afterward, perhaps? I think the Downingtown Diner is open 24/7 for after the show. Provided The Blob doesn't destroy the place. LOL. (I'm guessing W and the folks who live in that area will get that reference.)

I'll send you a PM.

Don't forget the Victory Brewpub is right down the road...it's easily the best food in the immediate area.

Don't forget the Victory Brewpub is right down the road...it's easily the best food in the immediate area.

Love Victory!!!! If they're open late, that might work instead of the diner.

Have you ever been to the Station Taproom? It gets pretty good reviews, and I'm thinking about giving it a go before the gig.

Love Victory!!!! If they're open late, that might work instead of the diner.

Have you ever been to the Station Taproom? It gets pretty good reviews, and I'm thinking about giving it a go before the gig.

Haven't been to Station yet. There's also a new place that's a short drive away called the Thorndale Crafthouse. It's at the end of my block...haven't been yet but it's getting great buzz.

Haven't been to Station yet. There's also a new place that's a short drive away called the Thorndale Crafthouse. It's at the end of my block...haven't been yet but it's getting great buzz.

Hmmmmm..... a possible plan developing here....LOL

Edited by Fran Haring

Hmmmmm..... a possible plan developing here....LOL

The bummer is that my corps won't be at the DCA show two minutes from my house, but rather Bayonne, NJ. I'll refrain from saying what my old mentor, Frank T. Williams said about Bayonne...

The bummer is that my corps won't be at the DCA show two minutes from my house, but rather Bayonne, NJ. I'll refrain from saying what my old mentor, Frank T. Williams said about Bayonne...

Be nice now. My mom, my grandmother, various aunts, uncles, etc. grew up in Bayonne.

Surely you won't insult my mom, rest her soul. :tongue:

I'll be in Downingtown... basically down the street from where Brenda works. She'll be in Bayonne, with the Cabs Alumni. Go figure. LOL.

• Like 1