Theater versus Home Viewing Thursday

I was just about to respond, in protest!

I trust Mr. Brasso, but I would have trusted you as well, so is there some third confirmation?

+++

Edit: I am a post behind all the time. Is it is confirmed, no top 12 home broadcast of semi's?

I just checked the DCI Live! site, and I didn't see the announcement ^^^ as stated just upstream, but all that means is DCI didn't display it very prominently.

I am disappointed and I feel cheated, but even if I had known this the day I signed up, I would have signed up anyway. What other option is there? The closest cinema even is over two hours from where I live so I won't be attending no matter what, so the lack of a Q's broadcast is not a deal breaker for the package. I just wish they had been more clear from the beginning.

"I am a post behind all the time." LOL. You and me both, especially in this thread.

I agree with you--they could and should have been clearer. Granted the way it is this year was the way it was in years before on Fan Network--although below top 15 was free to non-subscribers on Fan Network--but you couldn't get the top 15 in quarterfinals even if you paid to subscribe to Fan Network. Also they probably have to promise exclusivity to Fathom! to get Big Loud and Live in the theaters for the top 15, if you think about it. But still, my assumption at the time the DCI Live! championship coverage was announced was that all three shows would be streamcast in their entirety to subscibers. I'm also two hours away from the nearest cinema carrying BL&L even though we had a local theater doing the season opener which I went to.

Edited by Peel Paint
  • Like 1

I just checked the DCI Live! page twice, and it lists the start times, but says NOTHING about cutting off the top 12. I've looked for that press announcement, but still can't find it. It is not in the OBVIOUS place, the place where the broadcast sign-in is displayed.

+++

HOW ABOUT A COMPROMISE, DCI: Why not simply allow an AUDIO ONLY feed for your loyal subscribers who shelled out a hundred bucks for the subscription? It won't cost you anything, it won't hurt theater sales, and it will go a long way to making subscribers happy.

It would go long way to making me happy. :music:

• Like 1

See post #2.

. Live Feed Subscription gets all the earlier Corps, no commentary ( which was the answers to my questions when I called them),... I'm not sure about 15-1st on the Live Stream. Guess I 'll call them tomorrow..or somebody else will let us know.. I assumed Live Stream got them all in the Quarters... now I'm not certain.

Edited by BRASSO

Like a LOT of things re: DCI this season, it's Chaos Personified, and Wait and See How Exactly It Plays Out, because the way it's worked in the past does not equal how it will play out this year. And yet... DCI seems to be having, arguably, its most successful season ever. What a charmed existence they live.

• Like 1

I really hate going to the theater. I like being able to watch at home with no noisy people.

No noisy people? Hells fire, I just don't want to get killed! There was another theater shooting today in Tennessee. That doesn't exactly make me feel like going to the theater.

Gunman who opened fire at Tennessee movie theater killed by police

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/05/shots-reportedly-fired-at-tennessee-movie-theater/?intcmp=hpbt1

Edited by wvu80

No noisy people? Hells fire, I just don't want to get killed! There was another theater shooting today in Tennessee. That doesn't exactly make me feel like going to the theater.

This stuff is going to begin generally affecting box office receipts in movie theaters, if it hasn't already. Marking myself as the DCI Dinosaur I am, it reminds me of the plane hijackings to Cuba that started security clamp-downs in airports. Just a magnet for crazies and wanna-bes.

• Like 1

I just checked the DCI Live! page twice, and it lists the start times, but says NOTHING about cutting off the top 12. I've looked for that press announcement, but still can't find it. It is not in the OBVIOUS place, the place where the broadcast sign-in is displayed.

+++

HOW ABOUT A COMPROMISE, DCI: Why not simply allow an AUDIO ONLY feed for your loyal subscribers who shelled out a hundred bucks for the subscription? It won't cost you anything, it won't hurt theater sales, and it will go a long way to making subscribers happy.

It would go long way to making me happy. :music:

WVU - Here is the link to where I found the message. This could be old info. No one really knows with the conflicting info Brasso got. BUT, you WILL still get Friday and Saturday nights if you have a sub.

https://www.nmnathletics.com/regflow/PackageInfo.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&REG_GROUP_ID=226743&IS_BEST=YES

Here's the announcement for those signing up for the full championship bundle.....it's quite clear....

"2015 DCI Live! World Championship Bundle - $79.95

3 days of World Championship events including the Prelims*, Semifinals and Finals

Bundle costs less than a value-priced ticket for each event!

*Prelims webcast includes only the first 25 competing corps prior to the start of the Big, Loud & Live cinema event in movie theaters nationwide"

This stuff is going to begin generally affecting box office receipts in movie theaters, if it hasn't already. Marking myself as the DCI Dinosaur I am, it reminds me of the plane hijackings to Cuba that started security clamp-downs in airports. Just a magnet for crazies and wanna-bes.

I expect more theaters will be adding security (and, of course, raising prices to pay for it).