DCI Suggestion Box

Please straighten me out on something?

So, there are now 35 pages of Suggestion Box items and related discussions here.

Is this all just pointless venting? Or does someone official at DCI read this stuff, evaluate suggestions on their merits and maybe prioritize suggestions for future board consideration?

Does anyone in an official capacity at DCI respond/react to suggestions that are made here? Does anyone at DCI have the job of listening to the fan base?

( ( ( ( I've got plenty of suggestions for the NFL and MLB, and there are plenty of places online where I can document them for discussion... but, going in, i KNOW I'm wasting my time... I KNOW that these organizations aren't looking for any input from me whatsoever. ) ) ) )

My impression is that DCI doesn't have the money to wipe their own butts, let alone charge an under-paid intern staff-member the job of "fan sounding board". Their duty is to the corps, period and end. The have no obligation to fans at all, or to even TEP's that host their shows. Their dedication is to the corps that draw fans who pay ticket charges that pay their salaries to justify their existence.

Yet, maybe not surprisingly, DCI or its member corps always seem to know what's being said here on DCP. On the one hand they discount it as unimportant in this Facebook world while, on the other hand, they spend an expected amount of time knowing what we say here.

You'll never know officially that your comments here are heard by the DCI kingpins, but you can always feel assured that they're listening to the comments here.

What, you thought they had they OWN place for drum corps fans to congregate and swap opinions?

DCP IS the place. Facebook attracts angry blowhards looking for a platform to spew. DCP attracts drum corps fans who appreciate the discussion and the activity more than they expect to promote themselves. DCI never got that because they never trusted their fans to speak honestly. They want(ed) to limit all discussion to only positive and favorable comments. They forgot (or maybe intentionally ignored) that sunshine is a great antiseptic.

Long-time posters here know better and, I believe, DCI does, too, despite their protestations.

• Like 3

it's read. Doesn't mean they'll always act on what they see, but they see it