2015 Sing A Long Skyliner Style

Before I forget again, we watched all of DCA via the Fan Network.

Got to hear the Skyliners corps song at Prelims and again at Alumni show. Just letting you know as haven't seen it mentioned that it was audible.

Been a Sky fan since 1974 and great to hear it again.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Kevin mentioned it briefly in his commentary on the Alumni Spectacular. What he didn't mention was that a presumed alumnus, not in uniform, played a few notes (I think of "New York, New York" from On the Town) from high in the stands on the left before the corps entered the field.

Kevin mentioned it briefly in his commentary on the Alumni Spectacular. What he didn't mention was that a presumed alumnus, not in uniform, played a few notes (I think of "New York, New York" from On the Town) from high in the stands on the left before the corps entered the field.

That was Henry Staab from Hilton, NY, an alumnus of the field corps and a featured soloist with the Alumni Corps. There is a photo posted somewhere of him and his horn in the stands with the crowd from Sky Alumni at pre-lims.

Thanks. Am I remembering incorrectly that he was not in uniform? Or did he do a quick change?

Henry played "those four famous notes" at prelims before the Field Corps entered ... someone from the Field Corps (prob Bob Fizette) played it at the Alumni show before the Alumni took the field ... both groups also sang the corps song prior to the other performing ...

:thumbs-up:

Thanks. Am I remembering incorrectly that he was not in uniform? Or did he do a quick change?

• Like 1

Forgot I heard those famous 4 notes too....

Didn't know about the corps song until I bought a corps history booklet in the 80s or so which had the words. Only remember that because it gathered dust in the cellar until I decided to sell years later it on eBay so it would get better use. The buyer sends me a check and my jaw hit the ground as he is a well known corps person. Kept staring at the check until my wife asked if there was a problem. Answer was "No but.... oh man...".

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Heard both. Cried. Hadn't heard them together since Sean Holtons viewing. Made me miss him more than usual

• Like 1