Cadets 2016

Tobias

And if people don't believe it,

take a look at history. What's the featured dancer wearing in this video? Does he look like a Cadet?

I'm not sure anyone's calling for a wholesale death of the Cadet uniform. Merely pointing out that the traditional uniform is maybe a tad less flexible in terms of how show design is being reflected in other top corps nowadays.

• Like 1

I'm not sure anyone's calling for a wholesale death of the Cadet uniform. Merely pointing out that the traditional uniform is maybe a tad less flexible in terms of how show design is being reflected in other top corps nowadays.

I don't know -- I hear a lot of talk about abandoning it here (and in Allentown). And honestly was has BD done to their uniform to coordinate with their show? Yeah Bloo has gone all WGI and Crown does what they do. Coordination is great. But it can work just was well with a subtle touch as with bodysuits!

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Cadets halved the gap with Bloo.

Intrigue continues.

• Like 1

I don't know -- I hear a lot of talk about abandoning it here (and in Allentown). And honestly was has BD done to their uniform to coordinate with their show? Yeah Bloohas gone all WGI and Crown does what they do. Coordination is great. But it can work just was well with a subtle touch as with bodysuits!

BD has modified their uniform subtly since pretty much 2009 to reflect the theme of their show. It's not always entirely obvious, but there is a (... wait for it...) method to their madness.

• Like 2

Exactly.

And I'm fine with subtle tweaks. But this idea that it HAS to be maroon AND gold AND west point style is just not gonna fly competitively moving forward, IMO.

And I'm fine with subtle tweaks. But this idea that it HAS to be maroon AND gold AND west point style is just not gonna fly competitively moving forward, IMO.

i dont think maroon is any less suitable than blue. and i agree - cant have ALL the detail of the west point style. but it can still say cadets.