Troopers 2016

It's actual corps members, not a hired gun, so I'll give the narration to Troop on points. And perhaps they'll continue to massage it in the mix, to improve its sound quality.

Are they talking about real family members and such? I think that was a great move if it was.

From their website:

"Hero" will begin with a single voice of a Troopers member. Then a second voice will join the first, followed by another and more until dozens of Troopers' voices create a cacophony of testimony to the heroes in their lives.

The rising buzz of voices unleashes a joyful fanfare, "Hero," composed by brass arranger Robert W. Smith

• Like 1

Good lord. You know, Troopers could hand out $100 bills to everyone in the stands, and some people would criticize them for not having the obvious foresight to make sure the serial numbers on the bills were in sequence. Everyone knows you get the serial numbers in order.

No one associated with Troopers is spinning anything, other than rifles. Where anyone gets the idea that the Troopers are less than satisfied with their effort yesterday is beyond me. And by "effort," I mean the entire day, not the 10 minutes captured on livestream. For the members, Thursday was about an investment in dome time, not about sounding fresh for a few hundred people in the stands or online. And, skimming through the reactions to the show, I'd say a lot of folks enjoyed it just fine.

Meantime, I'll wait while you actually receive communication, as I have, from some of the members of the corps and get their own views of how yesterday went for them. I've not heard any say they were set up or let down. They were jazzed to have LOS to themselves for the day, and made the most of it. They got two more runs in under the LOS dome than any of the other corps did that day. The real sin would have been to let that chance pass, especially for a one-and-done, lo-res livestream through a hand-held vidcam with fans walking in front of the camera, and which was first announced by DCI at 2:30 p.m. Eastern -- well into the block of time that the Troopers' staff had long since organized. Even if the staff had received advance notice (which they say they didn't), the rest of the world didn't get word until the middle of the day -- not the sort of circumstances for which you abandon rare and valuable dome time.

When they left, the members were tired in the best way possible: knowing they had worked hard and maximized their time. The IMEA band kids in the stands sure seemed to like what they saw and heard. If you've got any reports from them that they didn't like what they saw, we're all ears.

If the staff organizes the corps' time on Saturday (Whitewater Classic, Troop's first contest) the same way they organized Thursday, then get back to me, because then you actually would have a point. Until then, I'll trust Fred Morris and Donnie VanDoren to know how to set up performers for success.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 3