CrownBeat [July 8 2016]

Sure but BD isn't designing their show right now. Which is why they are three pointing Cadets. Talent level is the same on and off the field.

Really? Wow I didn't even know they had competed yet. And guess what? BD is changing things. They design in the moment more than anyone.

And... I'm pretty sure BDs guard is LOADED.

Edited by George Dixon

They are cleaning the sections that won't change. You do realize Cadets (& BD) are the best in the business at this "cleaning" stuff right?

I'd normally agree with you on this statement, but The Cadets have a largely new visual staff and guard staff. I'm sure they are amazing at their job, but there has been big changes on that staff. It was bound to happen. At some point it may happen with the music folks too. But for now their music staff still creates a fabulous product and they teach incredibly well. I'm not saying the visual staff is bad, just saying that they are not the seasoned veterans that the Cadets once had.

Honestly, I think it's amazing how well Cadets are doing with all the new instructors and designers. It takes time for a staff to gel, to learn to communicate their desires, so I think the future looks bright for Cadets. We all saw what happened to the Cavaliers when the brass guy left, the percussion guy left, the music arrangers left, and then Gaines left. They scrambled and did their best to hire good people. Talented people. But it takes time and perhaps they finally have their staff in place. Time will tell.

The Blue Devils have been able to avoid this in part because they have more money. And more money means more full-time jobs that allow them to bring people along and train them. Most drum corps are not in that position. Typically when one walks out the door, the next walks in and their training begins on the job ASAP.

I'd normally agree with you on this statement, but The Cadets have a largely new visual staff and guard staff. I'm sure they are amazing at their job, but there has been big changes on that staff. It was bound to happen. At some point it may happen with the music folks too. But for now their music staff still creates a fabulous product and they teach incredibly well. I'm not saying the visual staff is bad, just saying that they are not the seasoned veterans that the Cadets once had.

Don't disagree, but they have a plan and timeline for the show from here to Indy, so they won't be cleaning sections to be changed. This really isn't rocket science lol

The implication I was responding to is that they are just "making it up on the fly" which is simply not the case

• Like 1