2016 Media Available for Preorder!

BluRays came today!

Mine, too. About to press start!

Mine arrived yesterday! But have a weekend full of family activities, so can't watch until tomorrow night. Agony!

Ugh, I should have known this would happen. Mine is likely to arrive early this week... when I'm home on break, and there's nobody at my apartment to receive them... hopefully they don't just leave it at the door like they have before...

On a slightly different note, I'be convinced my roommates to watch some of the previous years blurays with me by turning it into a drinking game. Not sure if they are excited about this years blurays coming in cause they enjoy drum corps or they just want an excuse to get drunk...

On a slightly different note, I'be convinced my roommates to watch some of the previous years blurays with me by turning it into a drinking game. Not sure if they are excited about this years blurays coming in cause they enjoy drum corps or they just want an excuse to get drunk...

In my experience, the two are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 2

Was able to sneak in viewings of the Blu-Ray today, just had time for SCV and Cavies (multi-cam). Camera edits are mostly excellent, and at least in SCV's show, captured some things I had not caught before, such as a masterful snare to tenor to bass drum feature mid-show. But there are also some obvious misses of visual impacts, e.g. at end of opening fanfare and end of ballad. Camera work at end of Cavies' show was down-right inspired, and captured perfectly the muscular frenzy of their finale.

Blu-ray sound is just stunning on my beefy 5.1 Marantz set up. You can play LOUD without distortion, and there seems to be little dynamic limitation in place. Ensemble blend and imaging is remarkable, and front ensemble work stands out clearly but not obnoxiously. Some of the un-amplified solo instruments get a little lost in the mix, while the amplified solos were sometimes a bit too ripe for my taste. The Vanguard yell is distinctly audible, so much so that I assume it was bumped up in the mix, as crowd noise is mostly subdued otherwise except at the end of the shows.

One problem with having a big subwoofer is that the electric goo stands out. SCV's integration of the artificial basement octaves is fairly sophisticated, as far as these things go. But the Cavies' use of synth bass was more clunky, and did not blend in as well. Overall, if you listen without a subwoofer, you will probably have a better experience.

So far, I am really feeling I got my money's worth. Can't wait to get to Bluecoats, Blue Stars and Academy!

Sadly I haven't received my DVD/CD combo yet. :(

For those who have seen them, how are the edits in The Cavaliers and The Academy handled? Are they blackouts like Madison '11, awkward silences with a copyright label like Cadets '12, or better handled like Cavaliers '15?

Edited by FaustianMachine

Anybody else get them today? If you did, did you get to track them thru UPS? I would love to see mine by Thanksgiving, but my tracking from when I first ordered still has the order as having a label created for shipping, but that's it. Probably not gonna get to NJ by Wednesday if they haven't even shipped yet :(