National Endowment for the Arts

1 hour ago, Tad_MMA said:

I don't feel like reading through all these pages, so forgive any double posting.

If DCI took one penny from the Feds, kiss the traditions of the Cavaliers and the Madison Scouts goodbye. No more all-male corps --

The reason this political thread is totally unlike a thread on " military bands ", is that 1)  US Military bands and US Military Drum & Bugle Corps are ALREADY mandated by Federal laws to be inclusionary of Women. They passed these requirements a couple of decades ago. 2) No DCI Corps currently is under any direct involvement with the governmental agency that is the topic of this political thread. 3) this particular political thread goes instantly political at birth because, unlike  the other attempts to bring up Corps marching in parades, Jeff Prosperie, DCI judge marching at West Point, outside  Military Bands, etc, this thread involves ELECTED U.S .POLITICIANS as the catalyst for the thread topic and alleged cuts in  the federal funding of this US Government program. The notion that a few misguided people can not see the stark difference between the innocuous unelected, non politician, DCI judge Jeff Prosperie marching with the Hell Cats outside of DCI, and an elected  body of politicians elected as Congressional/ Presidential politicians and their anticipated dealings with a Fed. Gov't Agency is rather silly. This topic here on this thread is a " political thread " thread and totally unlike the other examples given here. It crossed into the " political thread " arena... and with both feet... when it involved elected politcians, from both political parties and what it is alleged that they might be attempting to do with the Federal Funding of a Federal Governmental Agency.

Edited by BRASSO

10 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Uh,Stu...

You are forgetting your alma mater Cadets marched for Obama, Crusaders for JFK, and Troopers for Bush and others.

Uh, xandandl.... where have I ever claimed that my alma-mater is the Cadets?  All I have ever stated on DCP is that I have performed with and been on staff with corps who signed on to the G7 proposal.  And as for the aforementioned corps marching in Presidential Parades, you are correct.

So Brasso... what say you about those corps as well as the Colts?

Edited by Stu

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Uh, xandandl.... where have I ever claimed that my alma-mater is the Cadets?  All I have ever stated on DCP is that I have performed with and been on staff with corps who signed on to the G7 proposal.  And as for the aforementioned corps marching in Presidential Parades, you are correct.

wrong poster with Stu in his name. Sorry.

21 minutes ago, Stu said:

Colts, or any Corps, or Band marching in an Inauguratiion parade is by invitation. As such alone, there is hardly any connection whatsoever with elected politicians and this politically charged funding of a Federal Funding program. If you started a thread on the possible defunding of Planned Parenthood by elected politicians, it likewise would cross over instantly " at birth " as a political thread here on DCP and would be " aborted " by the mods immediately... and rightfully so. The whole purpose of the non allowance of " political threads" is to not permit highly charged political threads to become divisive to the site. The Colts marching in an Inauguration parade is not politically charged, nor divisive, and as such, not the classic, conventional definition of a " political thread". This thread topic here thats been started however fulfills the attributes of the classic " political thread ". Surely, you are smart enough to see the stark differences here.

Edited by BRASSO

20 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

... No DCI Corps currently is under any direct involvement with the governmental agency that is the topic of this political thread....

Are you 100% positive no DCI corps has ever received a Governmental Grant or funding from a Governmental entity such as the National Endowment of the Arts?

21 minutes ago, Stu said:

Are you 100% positive no DCI corps has ever received a Governmental Grant or funding from a Governmental entity such as the National Endowment of the Arts?

Oh brother. I guess the phrase... " everything is a matter of degree " gets lost here. Even if a Corps at one time or another might've received something from the Government, does not materially effect why this thread on what elected politicians are alleged to be considering doing with this particular Federal Government Program, is not " a political thread ", involving politicians, politics, political bodies, political decisions they may make, etc.  This thread topic fits the classic definition, imo, of a " political thread ". Otherwise, I really have no idea what is meant by a " political thread " here on DCP, nor why such " political threads " are not permitted on here... but then, apparently are. Confusing, to say the least. Nobody from DCP has even attempted to post on here... not one of them... as to why they consider this thread topic on what elected politicians are considering doing with Federal Programs here is not a " political thread ". Maybe they can't publically defend in a logical way their position, as they know it is inherently inconsistent to allow this " political thread" to exist, but not most others that are likewise " political threads ".. who knows. But the DCP guidelines on the prohibition of " political threads " on here makes no sense at all to me now. But.. it is what it is on here, and so thats that.

Edited by BRASSO

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

... Colts, or any Corps, or Band marching in an Inauguratiion parade is by invitation. As such alone, there is hardly any connection whatsoever with elected politicians and this politically charged funding of a Federal Funding program.... The Colts marching in an Inauguration parade is not politically charged, nor divisive, and as such, not the classic, conventional definition of a " political thread"....

Really?  Try telling the President of Talladega College that his band marching in the parade is 'not' a political hot-potato!!!!

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Oh brother. I guess the phrase... " everything is a matter of degree " gets lost here. Even if a Corps at one time or another might've received something from the Government, does not materially effect why this thread on what elected politicians are alleged to be considering doing with a Federal Government Program, is not " a political thread ", involving politicians, politics, political bodies, political decisions they may make, etc

Sure it does; once a corps receives money from the Government that in-of-itself makes it a political subject because Government Grants are by their very nature political.

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

...If you started a thread on the possible defunding of Planned Parenthood, it likewise would cross over instantly " at birth " as a political thread here on DCP and would be " aborted " by the mods immediately... and rightfully so....

Of course it would likely be crushed.  But your analogy here has no fodder because there is no connection of that agency to the funding of any marching arts programs.