2017 Anticipation Thread

39 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

If I don't do it I can't post on here anymore.  

D:

(I AM KIDDING). 

I always give all the corps some love.  They deserve it.   

Are you getting scholarships on this forum?  

Im just warning you that if you move to the BOA forum you might lose scholarship money...:sarcasm:

• Like 1

Excited for every single World Class corps this year and welcome Genesis!!! 

Honestly, they are ALL so good, so entertaining, such a testament to the value of the activity.  Every corps has made me cry at one time or another - simply because of the effort I see out on that field.  It is inspiring.

Of course I love the perennial top placing corps.  My signature pretty much says as much.  But the corps who don't appear in my signature also deserve mention.  Blue Devils keep the activity growing because everyone wants to beat them and the sustained success they have achieved gives the activity a measuring stick.  When they do jazz they win titles.  We'll see.  It has been a blessing to watch the Blue Knights rise and define their distinctive brand.  I always enjoy what Boston Crusaders put on the field.  As for Cadets, I became a fan in 2011.  I saw that show in June and knew it had legs.  Ever since, I have enjoyed watching those kids march beautifully and to be honest, it doesn't matter what the show is about!  It is always amazing.  Hoping they return to a more traditional Cadets show this year.  

But most of all I like to bring attention to those not typically in the top 12. 

I'll start with Academy.  They absolutely hit it out of the park last year and deserved every bit of love they received.  Their first time appearance in finals lit up the DCI world.  I'm sure they want a repeat of that awesome placement.  The Troopers always have a big wow moment in their shows and I love them for that.  Who doesn't want to see Troopers make finals?  Cascades have been on an upswing with new unis, better designed and more dynamic shows.  Really excited to see what they put out this year.  Also Mandarins - holy cow they have upped their game in the past few seasons.  Last year they were stunning.  What a visual package.  I expect they will dazzle again this year. 

I have endless respect for the corps at the bottom of the pack because they all just want to make it into semis, let alone finals, and it's SO hard to get there.  Which brings me to Pioneer.  This corps made me a believer last year with their Joan of Arc show.  I just loved it and the burning at the stake scene was as dramatic a scene as I've seen in any drum corps show.  Well done.  I look forward to their Les Mis/Irish show this year.

But those who know me know I'm an Oregon Crusaders homer and the announcement of their show - "Encompassed" got me REALLY excited for a possible compass rose in the drill this year.  How freaking great would that be?  Talk about a major WOW moment.  Fingers crossed.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

Excited for every single World Class corps this year and welcome Genesis!!! 

Honestly, they are ALL so good, so entertaining, such a testament to the value of the activity.  Every corps has made me cry at one time or another - simply because of the effort I see out on that field.  It is inspiring.

I like to bring attention to those not in the top 12.  For example, Cascades have been on an upswing with new unis, better designed and more dynamic shows.  Really excited to see what they put out this year.  Also Mandarins - holy cow they have upped their game in the past few seasons.  Last year they were stunning.  What a visual package.  I have endless love for the corps at the bottom of the pack because they all want to get in top 12 and it's SO hard to get there.  Which brings me to Academy.  They absolutely hit it out of the park last year and deserved every bit of love they received.  Their first time appearance in finals lit up the DCI world.  Well done.

But those who know me know I'm an Oregon Crusaders homer and the announcement of their show - "Encompassed" got me really excited for a possible compass rose in the drill this year.  How freaking great would that be?  Talk about a major WOW moment.  Fingers crossed.

Really anyone in the Northwest anymore I'm really excited about.  Columbians last year were a blast in addition to the other two.  Lots of great drum corps coming from up there...

On 2/2/2017 at 9:03 AM, DrumManTx said:

I feel like Bluecoats have been proving the previous year wasn't a fluke for 3 years now.  

I agree. I admit telling a few friends that they have had a history of not being consistent, but it seems like they found a really good system that is working. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I agree. I admit telling a few friends that they have had a history of not being consistent, but it seems like they found a really good system that is working. 

I agree 100%.  They have found a great system Im just afraid we'll see a flop after the success they had last year ala PR 2008 or Crown 2014.

On 2/7/2017 at 8:47 PM, DrumManTx said:

Really anyone in the Northwest anymore I'm really excited about.  Columbians last year were a blast in addition to the other two.  Lots of great drum corps coming from up there...

That Columbians show was an absolute delight & I know many would agree with me when i say:  BEST PROP EVER!  

• Like 1