Creative or highly effective funding mechanisms

1 hour ago, Stu said:

"BD did sign on to a proposal to 'take', 'procure','obtain'. 'acquire', DCI funding and support designated for corps like the Spartans and use it for the exclusive support of the G7.

Well if true, ( not saying it is, but to accept your silly comment for the sake of discussion on it), this could be seen as a " creative way for a Blue Devils Corps ( or Corps .. G7 ) to develop another" source of creative, highly effective, revenue streams for themselves ". It would provide an example of additional mechanisms that the OP is asking us for. I take no position on whether this was an ethical way to go about finding an additional, creative mechanism, but it certainly would be an undeniable additional source of revenue for these G7 Corps if implemented as planned by these G7 Corps.. and this is essentially what the OP is asking us about here, ie.. " creative new ways to increase revenue streams " for Corps. The OP does not ask us to tell us the overall impact any creative fund raising ideas we might suggest might have on the activity as a whole, nor on specific other Corps. So the G7, as far as they were concerned, was" a creative new idea to provide a highly effective additional revenue stream mechanism" for themselves.. which is what the OP is asking us, and that would pertain to whoever the heck here brought this( the G7 corps )into this thread.. ,lol!... As for the Nashua Spartans, their 60 years of fund raising was neither " highly complicated " nor " extremely convoluted ". And was just one example I utilized to show that your Corps fund raising understanding is limited. Its hard work, and requires continued intelligence to do it correctly. But for the vast majority of Corps, and Soundsport units, & Open Class Corps, its not the " convoluted, highly complicated " process that you'd like the readers to believe it is.

Edited by BRASSO

15 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Well if true, ( not saying it is, but to accept your silly comment), this could be seen as a " creative way for a Blue Devils Corps ( or Corps .. G7 ) to develop another" source of creative, highly effective, revenue streams for themselves ". It would provide an example of additional mechanisms that the OP is asking us for. I take no position on whether this was an ethical way to go about finding an additional, creative mechanism, but it certainly would be an undeniable additional source of revenue for these G7 Corps if implemented as planned by these G7 Corps.. and this is essentially what the OP is asking us about here, ie.. " creative new ways to increase revenue streams " for Corps. The OP does not ask us to tell us the overall impact any creative fund raising ideas we might suggest might have on the activity as a whole, nor on specific other Corps. So the G7, as far as they were concerned, was" a creative new idea to provide a highly effective additional revenue stream mechanism" for themselves.. which is what the OP is asking us, and that would pertain to whoever the heck here brought this( the G7 corps )into this thread.. ,lol!

a) Page 12 of the proposal co-authored by BD stated specifically for DCI to eliminate all support for the OC in order to further support the G7 agenda; that is true; that is a fact.

b) The irony is that the rest of your posting here fits in perfectly with your Willy Sutton story; as in to take the easy route and forcibly take from others in order to further your own gain is a creative way to increase revenue stream.

Edited by Stu

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

a) Page 12 of the proposal co-authored by BD stated specifically for DCI to eliminate all support for the OC in order to further support the G7 agenda; that is true; that is a fact.

Lol... and where, pray tell, did I state otherwise ? I never said differently. So I don't have a clue where you are going with this, nor what in hellsbells your point here is... lol!

Edited by BRASSO

25 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Well if true, ( not saying it is, but to accept your silly comment for the sake of discussion on it), this could be seen as a " creative way for a Blue Devils Corps ( or Corps .. G7 ) to develop another" source of creative, highly effective, revenue streams for themselves ".....

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Lol... and where, pray tell, did I state otherwise ? I never said differently. So I don't have a clue where you are going with this, nor what in hellsbells your point here is... lol!

Really?  I mean, really?

30 minutes ago, Stu said:

to take the easy route and forcibly take from others in order to further your own gain is a creative way to increase revenue stream.

You miss the point. The OP does not ask us about the ethics, nor the morality, nor the ease or difficulty of the G7 scheme. I hated the G7 scheme and wanted their selfish idea to burn to a crisp with the heat of a thousands suns.. lol.... but the G7 was viewed by the G7 Corps as a " creative, novel, highly efficient  mechanism to potentially increase their revenue streams " to themselves... which is what the OP is asking us for examples of here. I think the idea blows for the activity as a whole, but we were not asked for the overall effect on the Nasha Spartans, nor on any of the non G7 Corps, nor on the overall effect on the Drum Corps activity as a whole. I was not the poster that brought up the G7 scheme on this thread. But I was asked here about it, and thus DO find it as a  " creative, novel, highly effective, mechanism for Corps to increase their revenue streams ( while also finding this to be likewise selfish, unethical, unnerving, and deplorable as a creative way to increase the revenue streams). It is not all that hard to have two parallel thought processes, that is not conflicting in logic nor reasoning, and fits well with what the OP is asking us here for, while likewise finding the creative scheme of the G7 that was brought up here to also be almost as odorous as " robbing a bank", imo... lol!

Edited by BRASSO

You miss the point. The OP does not ask us about the ethics, nor the morality, nor the ease or difficulty of the G7 scheme. I hated the G7 selfish scheme with the heat of a thousands suns.. lol.... but the G7 was viewed by the G7 Corps as a " creative, novel, highly efficient  mechanism to potentially increase their revenue streams " to themselves... which is what the OP is asking us for examples of here. I think the idea blows for the activity as a whole, but we were not asked for the overall effect on the Nasha Spartans, nor on any of the non G7 Corps, nor on the overall effect on the Drum Corps activity as a whole. I was not the poster that brought up the G7 scheme on this thread. But I was asked here about it, and thus DO find it as a  " creative, novel, highly effective, mechanism for Corps to increase their revenue streams ( while also finding this to be likewise selfish, unethical, unnerving, and deplorable as a creative way to increase the revenue streams). It is not all that hard to have two parallel thought processes, that is not conflicting in logic nor reasoning, and fits well with what the OP is asking us here for, while likewise finding the creative scheme of the G7 that was brought up here to also be almost as odorous as " robbing a bank", imo... lol!

To me you must not separate ethics and laws from the creative idea.  But, since you want to take ethics out of the picture you must, again 'you' must also adhere to the non-ethics philosophy that if the OP wanted to follow the advice of Willy Sutton you presented that it would also be a creative way for a corps to raise funds.

21 minutes ago, Stu said:

To me you must not separate ethics and laws from the creative idea.  But, since you want to take ethics out of the picture you must, again 'you' must also adhere to the non-ethics philosophy that if the OP wanted to follow the advice of Willy Sutton you presented that it would also be a creative way for a corps to raise funds.

Exactly. You seem to be coming around on understanding this. The difference however is that the G7 scheme was real as a proposal, while my idea of " robbing banks " was said in complete jest. Nonetheless,, it does appear that you are not allowing your " feelings " on the methods to alter the findings here and are coming around to the realization that both would stand a good likelihood of raising more funds for the G7 Corps. if the G7 scheme was implemented as they envisioned, it would comport with the op's definition of being a " creative, novel way " for Corps to increase the revenue streams to themselves. It most likely would have done so for these Corps, imo... which again, is what the OP is asking us here for examples of such " novel, creative ideas  to increase Corps revenue streams,... and the G7 scheme here was injected into the thread here as an example, and so theres my thoughts on it, as it relates to the OP's question posed to us.

Edited by BRASSO

Exactly. You seem to be coming around on understanding this. The difference however is that the G7 scheme was real as a proposal, while my idea of " robbing banks " was said in complete jest. Nonetheless,, it does appear that you are not allowing your " feelings " on the methods to alter the findinds and are coming around to the realization that both would stand a good likelihood of raising more funds for the G7 Corps, if implemented as they envisioned... and thus does comport with the op's definition of being a " creative, novel way " for Corps increase the revenue streams to themselves. As it probably would have done so for these Corps, imo... which again, is what the OP is asking us here.

Nope, I am not 'coming around'.  I would never call what Willy Sutton said as being creative but would have and will always describe it as being criminal; and I would never call what was proposed in the G7 plan, as in yanking all support from the others in the brotherhood for their own agenda, as being creative but I do call it as being extremely unethical and abhorrent.  So, no; I am not 'coming around' to your way of thinking that this type of idea is 'creative'.

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nope, I am not 'coming around'.  I would never call what Willy Sutton said as being creative but would have and will always describe it as being criminal;

Oh shucks.. just when I thought you were coming around to the logic and reasoning, it appears you have missed the point... lol!.  If a " bank robber" robs a bank,(assuming the money is not counterfeit, or the bag of loot doesn't blow red dye up their nostrils), then gives it to the Blue Devils, the Blue Devils have found a " creative, novel method" to raise revenue for themselves.. No question about it.  The fact they could get caught, go to jail, be criminals, is likewise true ( even in jest ). What you missed is the " creative, novel idea to raise additional revenues" ( even in jest.. haha!) as you allowed your thoughts on the criminality ( which is true ) cloud your assessment that it ( as well as the G7 scheme) are indeed both creative, novel ideas ( one funny, the other serious ) that would both likely" increase the revenue streams" to a Corps or Corps, which fulfils the OP question posed to us, albeit in an oblique, perhaps most unintended fashion... lol!... ps, even hard bitten, veteran law enforcement personnel will speak glowingly on occasion to the " creativity " of the criminals they apprehend, despite the overarching immorality and loathsomeness of their criminal behavior that resulted in their arrest that results in their change of uniform colors to orange, and the uniform style to jump suit... lol!... and no, I do not believe the G7 scheme was criminal in nature, nor should be seen in the same context as " robbing a bank".. other than the previous stated position that both robbing banks and the G7 scheme would have likely both increased revenue streams to their Corps.... lol!

Edited by BRASSO

Oh shucks.. just when I thought you were coming around to the logic and reasoning, it appears you have missed the point... lol!.  If a " bank robber" robs a bank,(assuming the money is not counterfeit, or the bag of loot doesn't blow red dye up their nostrils), then gives it to the Blue Devils, the Blue Devils have found a " creative, novel method" to raise revenue for themselves.. No question about it.  The fact they could get caught, go to jail, be criminals, is likewise true ( even in jest ). What you missed is the " creative, novel idea to raise additional revenues" ( even in jest.. haha!) as you allowed your thoughts on the criminality ( which is true ) cloud your assessment that it ( as well as the G7 scheme) are indeed both creative, novel ideas ( one funny, the other serious ) that would both likely" increase the revenue streams" to a Corps or Corps, which fulfils the OP question posed to us, albeit in an oblique, perhaps most unintended fashion... lol!

While logic and reasoning are beneficially human traits, and on occasion should rule behavior, they should not be separated from all other human traits such as ethics.  For example, if it was suggested that a corps was able to raise a plethora of funds via human-child trafficking, and you separated it from all other human laws and ethics, one could say that logically it is a creative way to fund the corps.  But to make that separation, and deal with it in a pure logical manner, would be beyond the pale.  Just like the idea of separating the Willy Sutton suggestion and the G7 proposal into pure logic as being 'creative' is just as erroneous.