What are you looking forward to this summer? Go

11 minutes ago, CorpsRelic said:

The real question as only time will tell is..... IS! Just HOW  M A N Y   RABBITS will THE ACADEMY pull out of the hat....stay tuned. : - )

I see what you did there.. haha!. ( Inside joke)

• Like 1

Just now, BRASSO said:

I see what you did there.. haha!. ( Inside joke)

i KNEW you would BRASSO....believe me when I say THE ACADEMY will be gunning the competiton as much, if not more so, then the competion gunning them.  (Inside joke)

• Like 1

On 4/3/2017 at 6:36 PM, DrumManTx said:

I'm also looking forward to going to a show with some friends.   Outside one meetup last year and going to a show with some people who decided it'd be fun to trash pretty much everyone outside the corps they were an alum of I've been kind of a loner as a fan where I am located.  I've gotten lots of flack for how much I follow the activity (which doesn't bother me at all) and trying to get people to go with me is an absolute pain.  Will be nice to go experience it with some kindred spirits.   

Howdy DrumManTx, I so look forward to following your well thought out, well written "life affirming" Corps commentary again this 2017 Season. For sure, one of the most gratifying drum corps "experences" I enjoy, is introducing a "newbee" to the Drum Corps activity and watching it make it's way into their blood. I have been doing so since 1965, it never ceases to be ever so sweet.  Cheers Mate, CorpsRelic.

6 hours ago, CorpsRelic said:

Howdy DrumManTx, I so look forward to following your well thought out, well written "life affirming" Corps commentary again this 2017 Season. For sure, one of the most gratifying drum corps "experences" I enjoy, is introducing a "newbee" to the Drum Corps activity and watching it make it's way into their blood. I have been doing so since 1965, it never ceases to be ever so sweet.  Cheers Mate, CorpsRelic.

another poster seduced to the dark side.  beware DCP.  the day of doom will soon be upon us :ninja: 

I'm looking forward to the battle between last years 10,11,12,13

10. Crossmen marched a show that (imo at least)  the members mastered a little too easily.  Can they get the right balance between difficulty and achievability needed for the corps to move even higher?

11. Academy was a crowd favorite all season delivering a show that made it easy to forget how well they performed it.   Michael Townsend was a key member of their design staff.

12. Boston squeaked past Madison (by less than 3 tenths of point) to return to finals.  Their offseason acquisitions have been subject of many of thread here.  Michael Townsend is now in the somewhat awkward position of designing for two direct competitors.  Which corps will end up on the wrong end of this sticky wicket?  

13. Madison was left out in the cold last season.  Will they be en fuego looking to return to finals?  If so , who do they "push out" ? 

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

I'm curious and excited to see:

Cadets- many changes so interested in their new look and show.

Crown- some staff changes but I feel for the better. 

Boston- intrigued about their new look, style and potential competitive rise. 

Bluecoats-I thought "TILT" was a fluke but I was really wrong. Can't wait to see part 4!

Crossmen-steady improvement the past 2 years. What's in store for 2017?!!

Academy-up from last year or down?

BK- adored 2015. Is that magic back? 

Cavies-knocking on the door of medalsville after 4 years away?

4 hours ago, corpsband said:

. Boston   acquisitions have been subject of many of thread here.  Michael Townsend is now in the somewhat awkward position of designing for two direct competitors.  Which corps will end up on the wrong end of this sticky wicket?  

Reportedly, Crown's design staff had their 2017 show music and theme set back in the summer, but their Visual Design staff abruptly left, so now Crown is in the somewhat awkward position of having that music & theme  go to " a direct competitor " of theirs... The Academy.  " Which Corps will wind up on the wrong end of this sticky wicket ? " Also, an intriguing thing to watch unfold as well this season. This is shaping up as potentially the more intriguing season in memory, imo.

Edited by BRASSO