Shoreman Brass Classic - Avon Lake, OH - Aug 5

Guard is really good this season. Awesome full guard flag toss to finish the show.

My young friend (who is actually 6) isn't going to make it through the whole show. Too hungry.

Our final corps of the night is The Company from Chesterfield, United Kingdom. Their 2017 program, courtesy of Corpsreps.com:

Tomorrow: It's Just Around the Corner
Original Music by Markworth, Andrew 
Letter from Home by Metheney, Pat  

Narration in the pit while the guard dances. Drum line starts, then a trumpet soloist on a small stage, one of many stages on the field. Full horn line now in and on the right side of the field.

The Company

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Guard has moved the stages center field behind the pit. They start on them, and then the horns take over as they move forward on the field.

Stages now moved back to the front has. Horns and drums in front. Guard on right side.

Basses now doing a feature from the stages.

Mr. Markworth must be writing the full book for Company. I recognize the percussion arranging.

I do believe The Company is marching right foot lead, at least for this section of the show, but I would think they would do it the whole time. Brings me back to my Glassmen days (and, yes, I know Cadets have been doing it ever since '85).

We're in the Matheny section of the show, one of my favorite compositions in Letter From Home.

Horns playing towards the back right corner of the field, drums have moved the stages  to the right side of the field and are not playing at this time.

Flugel soloist on mic playing the melody. Great sound.