2018 Top 12

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:25 PM, Ghost said:

Since it's still an off day, Go Red Sox, here's a BAC trivia question.  For many years, usually before Boston begins their show in person and on DCP, "Eat  'Em Up Boston" is shouted out or typed.  Who is the person who first yelled this out, what year, and in what city?  (The PM offering the largest bank check will get the answer.  And if this happens, we'll have to wait at least for a week for the answer, unless someone replies correctly soon. )my

Back in 1967 while home after my USAF training and before being shipped to Ramstein AFB for 39 months, John "Digga" Clasby, my brother Kevin, his friend Joe, and I drove up to Toronto in my 66 Blue VW bug.  It was at that contest that Digga first yelled out "eat 'em up Boston".  During retreat, all the trophies were going to the Cavaliers, but shortly after retreat, it was learned that the announcer was reading the wrong results for both the Cavaliers and Crusaders.

Might need a magnifying glass to read the write ups.         http://historical-drum-corps-publications.blogspot.com/2011/04/boston-crusaders-8-in-row-win-toronto.html

On 6/26/2018 at 5:35 PM, MikeRapp said:

I’d like to see a list of the average experience/age of all world class corps, most to least experienced. I’m gonna guess that the final standings will be shockingly lock step with that list.

I would tend to think so too. The more experienced, and older the talent in the Corps, the more demanding drill and music staff can put together for them too. The Corps with the bulk of their marchers of college age get going quicker at move in camps. Corps chock full of lots of H.S. age marchers are of course at a decided competitive disadvantage. The Corps with lots of college age marchers are out on the practice fields at 11 am learning their routine in preseason, while other Corps marchers are in 11 am school biology classes dissecting frogs still.

Edited by BRASSO

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I would tend to think so too. The more experienced, and older the talent in the Corps, the more demanding drill and music staff can put together for them too. The Corps with the bulk of their marchers of college age get going quicker at move in camps. Corps chock full of lots of H.S. age marchers are of course at a decided competitive disadvantage. The Corps with lots of college age marchers are out on the practice fields at 11 am learning their routine in preseason, while other Corps marchers are in 11 am school biology classes dissecting frogs still.

I agree as well. But geography also plays a part in this.

Some HS in my area, Seniors are done by May 10-15, the same week as nearby colleges.

Some of my teacher friends in NJ just finished his week.

Edited by JAZZER
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 4:46 PM, BlueStainGlass said:

So the answer is that in your opinion it is not decided. 

nope. thats why we go til the second weekend of August

I don't think anything is set for sure yet, some corps haven't even had their first competition. Judging from what I have seen live or on Flo or Youtube, I would say the top 9 are probably a lock to make finals, with SCV, BD, Cavaliers, Bluecoats, Crown, Boston, Blue Knights, Phantom, and Cadets, not necessarily in that order.

I think Crossmen, Blue Stars, Madison Scouts, Mandarins, Academy, and Spirit are probably fighting for the last 3 spots in finals. I would say Mandarins and Spirit are the most improved from last year, but everyone in this grouping is fantastic.