Reviews?

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/forum/5-dci-all-corps-show-amp-event-reviews/

Some who have written reviews have stopped because whether they wrote a review from watching live or a review fro Flo, etc, at come point it almost always gets around to the usual attacks on the poster for not knowing what they are talking about.  Most of the time because they don't see it the same way at the home team mark, or it  becomes an attack on the sheets and the judges, or the typical Maude Flanders form the Simpson's, "Won't someone please think of the children" response because the review (whether here or the show night threads) are brutally honest.  This then leads to another round of what are your qualifications to post this review.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  

Same as the prediction threads most of the time.

There are often good and thoughtful reviews of shows and corps performances that are greatly appreciated by those not able to attend shows; but they are not always the norm, in my opinion.

As always, just me thinking out loud.

11 hours ago, Tony L. said:

Just wondering why no one actually posts reviews any more?  There are several people out there who had posted great reviews in the past.  Now, there are like 4 reviews this whole season!  I know people post comments on show threads, but, there is a reason why there is a reviews section on this site.  Come on people!  I will not see anything until Finals week!  I need more impressions from those attending shows. 

Probably because unlike years ago a lot of the shows or clips are now available on YouTube including recent shows which I'm so grateful that people are willing to do this and take the time to post it. Makes us on the West Coast very appreciative.

I wrote fairly extensive comments about the Orlando show, but put them in the show thread, rather than Reviews, and I got way more feedback there than similar posts filed under Reviews in previous years.

The Reviews section is covered with cobwebs and most people don't even venture past the creaking door to look inside. Better to put comments where the viewers are and stay with the immediacy of interest for a show that has recently concluded.

• Like 1

I have written reviews of shows in the past.  I only write reviews of shows I have attended live and try to keep them as objective as possible. Uusally they are psoted in the thread involving the show. I agree we are not seeing as many show reviews, and I can't recall if I've written reviews of shows I've seen this year. One thing I know that keeps me at times from writing a review is someone has either said the same thing as I was going to say, and in many cases it is better than what I say. Another factor is age combined with a  comfy chair. There are times I get home from a show, sit down, take out my laptop, and have every intention of writing. Next thing I know it's 6:00 AM. I tend to fall asleep if I sit down in my easy chair. 

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 2