GETTING FINALS DVD BACK TO UK

Hi everyone. I would like a 2019 Blu Ray Finals DVD but they would not post it to the Uk last year but I had a contact in USA who I had it posted to and she sent it to me in England. I have this contact sadly no more. How are Brits getting round to getting hold of the DVds at home ? Anyone know how I can get mine this year please. I have a USA bank account so can send someone a dollar cheque if need be. Thanks  Paul.

Supposedly after Brexit, there will be a great new trade deal between the United States and the United Kingdom. (If there still is a United Kingdom.) Ask BoJo to fix this?

• Haha 3

Is the Europe format same as the US for BluRay and DVDs? Had to convert VHS tapes I bought overseas years back (horrible job it was too) but never thought about disks.

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Is the Europe format same as the US for BluRay and DVDs? Had to convert VHS tapes I bought overseas years back (horrible job it was too) but never thought about disks.

I haven't kept up with BluRay, but DVDs have "regions", and in order to play a DVD here that's meant to be used in Asia, you need an Asian DVD player -- or a "region free" player.

32 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I haven't kept up with BluRay, but DVDs have "regions", and in order to play a DVD here that's meant to be used in Asia, you need an Asian DVD player -- or a "region free" player.

Ahh but does the Asian player work with American current? Think that’s the crux of the matter but been 20+ years since I dealt with it. 

The  Blu rays work the same in UK no problem but DCI are not allowed to sell them them to UK residents anymore. I need somebody who will buy one for me and post it to me in England. I can send them a cheque in dollars with the postage etc for this. I have every Finals on DVD since 1984.

I wonder if there will even be a bluray release this year -

so many corps in finals played “very difficult or impossible to get sync license” music this summer:

Phantom - Carmina Burana

Crossmen - Led Zeppelin

Crown - Gabriel’s Oboe

Bluecoats - entire show of Beatles music

Boston - Hamilton music with original voiceovers

I apologize for rehashing this topic, but I’m very concerned that there won’t be a Bluray this season, and maybe only about half the corps from finals will be released on marchingmusicdownloads, similar to what FLO has up now on their website (and even some of those corps performances have music cut out during portions of the show)

Chime in if anyone has better info and is less worried than I am 🙂

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Bluecoats were able to secure sync rights for their show. 

Why would Bluecoats be securing sync rights for their show?  DCI is the one that has to secure sync rights since DCI produces and sells the blu-ray...unless you are telling me Bluecoats are producing their own video and paid for sync rights for their own blu-ray or DVD.  

Or, are you misunderstanding the rights issue and think that because the Bluecoats secured Performance rights and Arranging rights for this summer that they have sync rights as well?

Or, do you have insider information?!! 🙂

I

3 hours ago, leed17 said:

Why would Bluecoats be securing sync rights for their show?  DCI is the one that has to secure sync rights since DCI produces and sells the blu-ray...unless you are telling me Bluecoats are producing their own video and paid for sync rights for their own blu-ray or DVD.  

Or, are you misunderstanding the rights issue and think that because the Bluecoats secured Performance rights and Arranging rights for this summer that they have sync rights as well?

Or, do you have insider information?!! 🙂

I am just passing on information from a member of the board. I asked specifically about sync rights and he told me they have been secured.