Phantom Regiment 2022

I assume they may be readjusting after such a weird week. I would expect a stronger showing in most aspects this week. 

Edited by PRomoter

Scores are gonna be scores until more corps meet up at shows too.  It does look like from the sheets it was a rough run.

Makes me sad to say, but I think the colorguard and visual will hold phantom back significantly in scoring. The guard isn’t only weak, but they spend too much time pushing around props and transitioning. Not one part of the show was I impressed with their handling of equipment. Hopefully it gets better.  

1 hour ago, crumdorpslove said:

Makes me sad to say, but I think the colorguard and visual will hold phantom back significantly in scoring. The guard isn’t only weak, but they spend too much time pushing around props and transitioning. Not one part of the show was I impressed with their handling of equipment. Hopefully it gets better.  

I agree. I believe it’s the weakest part of the show. It’s too bad because it was one of the strengths of Harmonic Journey. 

Just listened to last night’s replay. One thing I couldn’t help but notice at the end was a lot of individual baritone players on the third they add. I know by then everyone is gasping for air, but it doesn’t normally sound so noticeable. However, DANG that ending is really something!!! Mellos are really screeching that sustained 6th, and sound like one instrument. Nice!!!

• Like 3

After the last two shows, it seems there may be some cause for concern in terms of scoring. Not panic, but some concern. BS and Cadets continue to improve and Mandarins are right there. Colts and X-men are coming from behind. I thought when I saw the gaps in vis prof and perc achievement that design was still OK and execution just needed scrubbing. Now I wonder whether the design itself, as much as I enjoy it, is limiting. Thoughts? Anybody hearing anything from the staff? Still love the show myself and will cheer to the end. 

2 minutes ago, dciphan79 said:

After the last two shows, it seems there may be some cause for concern in terms of scoring. Not panic, but some concern. BS and Cadets continue to improve and Mandarins are right there. Colts and X-men are coming from behind. I thought when I saw the gaps in vis prof and perc achievement that design was still OK and execution just needed scrubbing. Now I wonder whether the design itself, as much as I enjoy it, is limiting. Thoughts? Anybody hearing anything from the staff? Still love the show myself and will cheer to the end. 

this is my favorite show of the year and I am equally as concerned. I thought this show was an easy 7th off of the first viewing. What's happening? the visual. its the buffet trays.  I cannot see how they are being treated so harsh without looking at these things floating around the field. But they can't get rid of them. What to do

• Like 1

Just now, squarepush said:

this is my favorite show of the year and I am equally as concerned. I thought this show was an easy 7th off of the first viewing. What's happening? the visual. its the buffet trays.  I cannot see how they are being treated so harsh without looking at these things floating around the field. But they can't get rid of them. What to do

amongst other things but that is the big glaring cuss word in my face when I watch the show

My issue is that I’m not seeing much consistency in regards to judging. One night they’re dead last in brass, the next they're first. One night they’re dead last in visual proficiency, the next they’re in a healthy second, pushing for first. One night they’re challenging top corps in percussion, the next they’re finishing behind Colts. Seems like judging is the issue because I don’t see the performance or performance quality changing that much from day to day. I’m sure the staff is a bit upset right now, bc they simply have no clue what they need to be fixing.

• Like 2

It definitely feels like PR has the most inconsistent reads at the moment.  It could be down to the performances and what is happening on the field each night.  From what I've seen so far it feels like their score can catch up to the corps in front of them once they are able to clean and work on some of the GE points.  Almost feels like they are trying to do too much and not focusing on key moments.  If you look at the tops groups, aside from strong performers, those shows really come down to key moments and cohesive story.