I was wondering if anyone would know the logo on this horn case and witch Raiders corps it is???

I picked up a 2 Valve King K-70 Baritone last weekend at a local flea market and was wondering if anyone would know the Corps marking on the case. I figured someone would know either here or the DCI forums. Thx  I'm not sure how to add pics to the post sorry.

Edited by Forever_Knight

Ok, if there's no picture, how about a description? Colors? Script?

There have been a lot of "Raiders" drum corps: Reilly, San Jose, Fox Valley, Bayonne, ..etc.

Where was the flea market? I assume you asked the seller about the horn, yes?

(Note, below, that you can insert images from a URL.)

You can also send me a private message in an email and attach a photo to that. I'll help if I can.

Edited by ironlips
clarity

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks ironlips. Sorry Tom that I didn't get a chance to get back with you just been super busy at work. 

Edited by Forever_Knight

11 hours ago, ironlips said:

Hi, Tom.

Thanks for chiming in.

The OP, Forever_Knight, sent me a photo of the case.

Forensic conclusion: San Jose Raiders to Westshoremen to Westshore Alumni to Ohio flea market.

wow. i knew what happened to our drums, i had no idea what happened to the horns

Jeff my wife and I were just walking thru the flea market and there's a gentleman that  sells musical instruments and I saw the case and looked right at her and said That's a g bugle she thought it was a Mellophone when I opened it and saw that it was a two valve k70 I told her I got to buy it. The gentleman I bought it from had no idea what instrument was Nor that it was a bugle. He just looked at me strange when I told him about it. 

Edited by Forever_Knight

On 2/26/2022 at 1:40 AM, Forever_Knight said:

Jeff my wife and I were just walking thru the flea market and there's a gentleman that  sells musical instruments and I saw the case and looked right at her and said That's a g bugle she thought it was a Mellophone when I opened it and saw that it was a two valve k70 I told her I got to buy it. The gentleman I bought it from had no idea what instrument was Nor that it was a bugle. He just looked at me strange when I told him about it. 

Years back sister drove by a flea market place and saw a piston/rotor contra in the front yard. Did a u turn and went in:

How much for the contra bass?

The what?

The big horn in the grass…. 😆

Not giving details as later found out it was stolen years before. (Bought years after that corps went to 2v.) Kind of thought so but interesting to find out for sure…

Edited by JimF-LowBari

On 2/25/2022 at 1:09 PM, ironlips said:

Hi, Tom.

Thanks for chiming in.

The OP, Forever_Knight, sent me a photo of the case.

Forensic conclusion: San Jose Raiders to Westshoremen to Westshore Alumni to Ohio flea market.

From time to time we hear similar intriguing stories of horn provenance - always interesting to think about an instrument being passed on through through many corps and hands

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Years back sister drove by a flea market place and saw a piston/rotor contra in the front yard. Did a u turn and went in:

How much for the contra bass?

The what?

The big horn in the grass…. 😆

Not giving details as later found out it was stolen years before. (Bought years after that corps went to 2v.) Kind of thought so but interesting to find out for sure…

semi-related but nothing beats the memory of stopping at a Cracker Barrel somewhere in MD and watching Cozy Baker lose his mind seeing a near pristine Whaley Royce v/s sop screwed to a wall.  A true Cozy moment that just about got him and the rest of us at the table shown the door.

wish we could save them all.