Corps Rehearsal closings!

Some of you haven't fallen through the wide cracks in drum corps "safety protocols" and it shows.

Just because corps implementation of safety protocols isn't working or you're seeing lapses, doesn't mean they're wrong.

It means that corps either don't have or won't give enough capacity to actually make changes to their routines. Or maybe MMs feel that they should be able to mingle with unknown fans at will. Or maybe the instructors and MMs so strongly believe that they need to see the show from the stands (this isn't true when tech has advanced) that they'll risk exposure to unknown fans.

If that's the case, then those MMs and instructors obviously don't care for the vulnerable people in the corps who might get sick. That's pretty ####ed in my opinion.

I'll say it a thousand times if I have to:

Your desired experience as a fan (or even as an MM or instructor) doesn't trump the safety of the marching members.

Is this thing even on?? 🎤

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chris ncsu said:

Just because not every loose end is tied up doesn't mean it's dumb to tie the others up.

Neither logical nor reasonable. Corp members and staff sit next to me in the stands at a show. But I can't sit 25 yards away on a bleacher at rehearsal? In your rubric, no one should have been allowed in the stands while the corps were on the field at the show. Even Dr. Fauci would get that. 

Edited by Sh0uldN0t
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sh0uldN0t said:

Neither logical nor reasonable. Corp members and staff sit next to me in the stands at a show. But I can't sit 25 yards away on a bleacher at rehearsal? In your rubric, no one should have been allowed in the stands while the corps where on the field at the show. Even Dr. Fauci would get that. 

Ultimately, if the corps say “closed” it’s closed. You wanting it to be different, for whatever reason, doesn’t matter, and it shouldn’t. You don’t get a say. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Sh0uldN0t said:

Neither logical nor reasonable. Corp members and staff sit next to me in the stands at a show. But I can't sit 25 yards away on a bleacher at rehearsal? In your rubric, no one should have been allowed in the stands while the corps where on the field at the show. Even Dr. Fauci would get that. 

Allowing you in the stands at ensemble means they're also allowing you to roam around their housing site, unless they're spending resources policing that which I doubt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If a corps have publicly stated “for the safety of our members, our rehearsals are CLOSED to the public” and you still wanna barge in and make it about yourself, that’s just childish and disrespectful. Let them operate how they want to operate when they wish to keep their members safe!!!

• Thanks 6

16 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

If a corps have publicly stated “for the safety of our members, our rehearsals are CLOSED to the public” and you still wanna barge in and make it about yourself, that’s just childish and disrespectful. Let them operate how they want to operate when they wish to keep their members safe!!!

I wouldn’t bother with the trolls. Sadly, it is because of people like him that we are where we are!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1