Increased cap on reactions?

KVG_DC

Hiya.  On some of the longer show threads, we’ve got folks maxing out the number of reactions to posts they can make.  I’m not sure if that’s an adjustable (or removable) cap.  Seems like it’d be one to raise given the nature of the longer show threads being live event reactions— something most BBS software isn’t doing by default.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks for raising this question.

I've had a look at the system and talked with the moderation team about the matter.  There *was* a time when certain users abused the 'reputation' system and littered the forums with negative votes on posts by targeted individuals.  It turned out to be quite a mess and did nothing positive for the community - so we took steps to reduce the abuse.  Further, the system software evolved to permit greater control over the handling of 'feedback' and "Reactions", which we implemented - but with some limits (200 "Reactions" per day per Member).

Looking at it today, we've 'lost' many of those that were creating the havoc and eliminated the ability to "downvote" posts by users, some time ago.  "Reactions" are generally categorized as "positive" or "neutral".  

With that, I've removed the limits on "Reactions" - effective immediately.  This should remove the roadblock folks were seeing when wanting to react to posted content.

Go forth a spread your (positive) reactions!!

-johnD

P.S. Remember - If you think a post violates our Community Guidelines (NOT that you simply disagree with the poster), hit the Report button.