Phantom Regiment 2023

2 minutes ago, wever34 said:

I've never had a problem with getting in, other than when they had covid concerns  

All I know is that they are well known for going on lockdown during finals week and have done so for years.

17 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

All I know is that they are well known for going on lockdown during finals week and have done so for years.

I think that has only been true in 2021 (covid year, everything was different) and 2022 where at the end of the year people were getting sick (Cavs). 2011-2019 I have had no problem getting in with tons of people there. But my question still stands does anyone know where Phantom is staying?

2 hours ago, wever34 said:

Does anyone know where Phantom is practicing this week? I would love to see them before the Finals

Practices are indeed closed. There is an open practice on Wednesday, but an invitation was emailed to invitees a few days ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is indeed the case, it has been this way for years. All rehearsals closed except the Wednesday night last block and run through.

36 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Again, this happens annually

Perhaps I have just accidentally came on the right day all these years lol. I have shown up every year (2011-2019) and people are there so I just enjoy the show. I really had no idea. Thanks!

Edited by wever34

1 hour ago, wever34 said:

Perhaps I have just accidentally came on the right day all these years lol. I have shown up every year (2011-2019) and people are there so I just enjoy the show. I really had no idea. Thanks!

It’s officially known as “wever34 night.” Didn’t you know?

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 3:23 PM, PRomoter said:

We’re just wanting to have our own feelings about Regiment verified by a placement. 

Everything you said is correct. Our feelings being verified by placement is completely unnecessary. They could finish any where between 5th and 8th (I'm not writing off the Cavaliers any longer). Even if they finish 8th, this is still a massive step in the right direction from last year. This show is exceptionally well designed - one of the BEST designed shows of the year, IMO. The issue, for me, is relative to Cavies, Cadets and Mandarins it is less complex and less demanding. I think that may hurt them down the stretch placement wise. But, that's ok. The staff at Regiment are genius in the way they are rebuilding and moving the corps up the ranks. You don't have to jump in placement every year to improve. This is one of my favorite shows of the year, the design is brilliant, and it's massively entertainting. This is a great foundation for future success, and if they keep this up they will undoubtadly get there. Well done Regiment.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 2:21 PM, kdaddy said:

Also, let's not act as though they didn't beat Cavies in 2022 by essentially a rounding error. They easily could've been 9th last year.

It wasn't a rounding error. They beat them by 0.075. I am thinking you are saying it was basically a tie, which I would agree, but there was no rounding error.