Phantom Regiment 2023

17 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

That is completely unnecessary. They could finish any where between 5th and 8th (I'm not writing off the Cavaliers any longer). Even if they finish 8th, this is still a massive step in the right direction from last year. This show is exceptionally well designed - one of the BEST designed shows of the year, IMO. The issue, for me, is relative to Cavies, Cadets and Mandarins it is less complex and less demanding. I think that may hurt them down the stretch placement wise. But, that's ok. The staff at Regiment are genius in the way they are rebuilding and moving the corps up the ranks. You don't have to jump in placement every year to improve. This is one of my favorite shows of the year, the design is brilliant, and it's massively entertainting. This is a great foundation for future success, and if they keep this up they will undoubtadly get there. Well done Regiment.

I don’t think you understood what I was saying. Read it again in less of a rush to judgement. 

41 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

It wasn't a rounding error. They beat them by 0.075. I am thinking you are saying it was basically a tie, which I would agree, but there was no rounding error.

It's obviously not a literal rounding error. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

I don’t think you understood what I was saying. Read it again in less of a rush to judgement. 

I completey understood what you were saying and was backing you up with what I said. We are on the same page here, so I'm not sure where the confusion lies. I did edit my post at the start to make it crystal clear. Sorry you misunderstood me. Perhaps I should have written my edit to start with.

Edited by Vuitton

27 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

It's obviously not a literal rounding error. 

I just wanted to clarify. You never know on DCP 🙂

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, wever34 said:

Does anyone know where Phantom is practicing this week? I would love to see them before the Finals

Here is the information that you seek. Today is the only day that rehearsal is open to the public.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02wPd9CyTgtC8TokyoaxSgEhawPW8dYznwbS8tfrUaoLiK93vo4hJJwQGiX221Typfl&id=100064702380772&mibextid=Nif5oz

4 hours ago, Vuitton said:

I completey understood what you were saying and was backing you up with what I said. We are on the same page here, so I'm not sure where the confusion lies. I did edit my post at the start to make it crystal clear. Sorry you misunderstood me. Perhaps I should have written my edit to start with.

You know what, you’re right. I misunderstood what you were saying. Going back to look again, I see what you mean. I don’t need a placement to tell me whether or not it was really great and entertaining. It’s so close between all the top 8, it’s going to come down to the judges more than the groups Saturday night. Not that there’s a problem with that. They are trying to be objective about art, which is almost impossible. I think this year has been one of the best since I started following DCI in 1984. I’m going to be in Indy from tonight until Sunday. I’ve already decided just to enjoy myself and not worry about scores. This season is a win for all involved. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

You know what, you’re right. I misunderstood what you were saying. Going back to look again, I see what you mean. I don’t need a placement to tell me whether or not it was really great and entertaining. It’s so close between all the top 8, it’s going to come down to the judges more than the groups Saturday night. Not that there’s a problem with that. They are trying to be objective about art, which is almost impossible. I think this year has been one of the best since I started following DCI in 1984. I’m going to be in Indy from tonight until Sunday. I’ve already decided just to enjoy myself and not worry about scores. This season is a win for all involved. 

Oh good, I'm only looking to make friends here, except when it comes to one person 🙂

Yeah, placement really doesn't matter. What matters is the quality of the design, and IMO this is Regiment's best design since 2012. If the design is there EVERYTHING else will follow.

You're right about subjective judging of art. That does play into it for sure - subjectivity. 

I started following in '84 when I joined the Jr. Scouts. I fell in love with Regiment when I first saw them in '84, although nothing was worse than losing to them when I marched against them 🙂

So glad to see them back. You all lucky - you were headed in Madison's direction and the ship was righted. 

Good luck Regiment.

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

Oh good, I'm only looking to make friends here, except when it comes to one person 🙂

Yeah, placement really doesn't matter. What matters is the quality of the design, and IMO this is Regiment's best design since 2012. If the design is there EVERYTHING else will follow.

You're right about subjective judging of art. That does play into it for sure - subjectivity. 

I started following in '84 when I joined the Jr. Scouts. I fell in love with Regiment when I first saw them in '84, although nothing was worse than losing to them when I marched against them 🙂

So glad to see them back. You all lucky - you were headed in Madison's direction and the ship was righted. 

Good luck Regiment.

Welcome aboard. Most of us talk off and on all year. 

• Like 1