Madison Scouts 2023

5 minutes ago, TOC said:

That could have been said about several corps back then.  

Yeah, when I was younger everyone looked so much older. 

• Like 1

Watching the video from a couple nights ago….wow! What an improvement and what a powerful brass line! I’m really digging this show. Percussion is on fire, seeing the drill from higher up, I think it’s a lot better that I had thought, and seems like they’ve added some stuff. And the guard is starting to click. I think with continued cleaning and some more visual added, this show could contend for the top 12.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ComicJeff2012 said:

Watching the video from a couple nights ago….wow! What an improvement and what a powerful brass line! I’m really digging this show. Percussion is on fire, seeing the drill from higher up, I think it’s a lot better that I had thought, and seems like they’ve added some stuff. And the guard is starting to click. I think with continued cleaning and some more visual added, this show could contend for the top 12.

While these performers are growing and improving, there is no way that this will be in top 12. There is not one memorable design moment in the entire show. The rolling prop is working overtime.

• Like 2

Would be cool if they had two or more of those globe things. Or make them bloom with the guard and horns pulling streams of fabric out of them across the field in the finale. 

Edited by 1992AllOverAgain

1 hour ago, MM2006 said:

While these performers are growing and improving, there is no way that this will be in top 12. There is not one memorable design moment in the entire show. The rolling prop is working overtime.

Exactly right. This is a 15-17 place corps. Fire everyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 1992AllOverAgain said:

Would be cool if they had two or more of those globe things. Or make them bloom with the guard and horns pulling streams of fabric out of them across the field in the finale. 

Yes. I don't understand the point of the ball. All they do really is push it around. It seems it's there to just be there.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 5:54 PM, Vuitton said:

Yeah, when I was younger everyone looked so much older. 

How many current members have full beards? There was more testosterone flowing through guys in the '70s! 😝

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ComicJeff2012 said:

I think with continued cleaning and some more visual added, this show could contend for the top 12.

The problem is that all the other corps are also cleaning. Madison dropped behind Crossmen last night and other 12 - 16th sitting corps didn't compete.

I hope you're right, Jeff, but I'm not optimistic for a Saturday night spot. 

21 minutes ago, Gantang said:

The problem is that all the other corps are also cleaning. Madison dropped behind Crossmen last night and other 12 - 16th sitting corps didn't compete.

I hope you're right, Jeff, but I'm not optimistic for a Saturday night spot. 

Top 12 is not going to happen. 15th to 17th is going to happen. 

I knew the Crossmen were going to pass them. Their show is so much more complex and well-designed than Madison's. I will be shocked if Madison finishes higher than 16th. So, we are likely seeing them drop a placement from last year.

I am loving the brass this year. They sound great and I like the music. GE and Visual are going to hold them back big time. The guard is just really not up to snuff. Very poor in performance and execution. There's no passion in what they are doing. It's like they are going through the motions. I'd much rather see a dirty and passionate performance than a clean and lackadasical one. Unfortunately, they are dirty and lackadasical.