Madison Scouts 2023

46 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Scouts on today before the first intermission.   Sigh.  

Almost 6 hours before BD. 🥲

57 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Scouts on today before the first intermission.   Sigh.  

Yeah, I'm going to miss it because I'm going to brunch. Pathetic.

9 hours ago, Swmstom1998 said:

When I marched Scouts in the 90s, there was certainly the “scores don’t matter” talk, but my memory was it being from staff to the members as “control what you can control, and that’s your individual performance, let us worry about the other”. 
 We were nip and tuck with Bluecoats and we didn’t enjoy it the night’s they topped us. We were elated we beat them in Finals. We were also happy when we topped SCV in a show. 
 Scott also pushed the idea of enjoying the summer…having off days, relaxing after shows while others did basic block in the lot. But deep down, yea, we all understood the competitive side of it. 

Yes, thank you. You raise good points. We were always told "You can't control what any other corps does, you can't control what the judges are going to do, you can only control what you do."

We also never practiced more than 8 hours a day, had breaks, and had days off. They didn't drill us into the ground, which I appreciated. We heard stories of Garfield practicing 16 hours a day (I still don't know if this is true), but I couldn't imagine.

They took care of us. They really did. It was extremely hard work but an amazing experience.

But, we'd be ###### if we lost to Regiment, Cavies and Star.

Edited by Vuitton

11 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Yes, thank you. You raise good points. We were always told "You can't control what any other corps does, you can't control what the judges are going to do, you can only control what you do."

We also never practiced more than 8 hours a day, had breaks, and had days off. They didn't drill us into the ground, which I appreciated. We heard stories of Garfield practicing 16 hours a day (I still don't know if this is true), but I couldn't imagine.

They took care of us. They really did. It was extremely hard work but an amazing experience.

But, we'd be ###### if we lost to Regiment, Cavies and Star.

I will say that the members of today’s Madison Scouts are doing the best they can with the talent they have & the show they have been given.  I will be cheering for them on Flo.  

23 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I will say that the members of today’s Madison Scouts are doing the best they can with the talent they have & the show they have been given.  I will be cheering for them on Flo.  

NO ONE has disputed that. Actually, I'm disappointed that the kids are working as hard as every other DCI member but with _________ that just isn't on par. FIll in the blank. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gantang said:

NO ONE has disputed that. Actually, I'm disappointed that the kids are working as hard as every other DCI member but with _________ that just isn't on par. FIll in the blank. 

Yes, no one is saying that. None of this is about the members. Year after year they are given shows that do not allow them to be successful competitevely and showcase their talents. it's such a shame.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

They have the talent it’s the design vehicle that is lacking. I can only image what a good visual package could produce with that brass and drum that they are playing this year!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobjective said:

They have the talent it’s the design vehicle that is lacking. I can only image what a good visual package could produce with that brass and drum that they are playing this year!

I agree, but I still think they have huge guard problems. This will be one of the lowest placing guards today. 

Wrong thread.

Edited by Vuitton