Did FLO ever do a total CRASH like Box 5 tonight?

I will give the owner of Box 5 credit for "going live" on their You Tube channel and apologizing for the problems tonight.
He said they did not know yet what caused the crash, but obviously failed in fixing it.

They did go live on You Tube for the final 3 performances (Carmel, Mason and class A champ Alter).  Hoping that will
be able to show the other bands that were missed due to the crash.

• Like 1

This was just posted on the Box 5 Media Facebook page.  As a subscriber I find this a very standup position.  

I wanted to let our friends know, that we at BOX5 are extremely devastated over the events that happened @ Grand Nationals yesterday. 
Having been on phone calls all day, we finally believe we have a solution, we hope will alleviate at least some of the sting of last night for our customers and band families out there. 
Pending approval, we plan to rebroadcast the Bands of America Finals broadcast @ 7pm eastern, central, mountain and pacific every day this coming week (Mon. Nov 14 - 18). We are waiting for final approvals from BOA and we are working feverishly to encode and upload the uninterrupted broadcast to our streaming platform.
While this solution is not "ideal", it does have a silver lining. The incredible performers I saw in Lucas Oil last night will be able to watch their amazing accomplishment this season. And we can celebrate alongside them as much as possible.
We will reach out to all finals customers via email with instructions on how to watch. This email will contain other important information. Be on the lookout for this email.
I hope, from the bottom of my heart, you can find a way to forgive us and I guarantee we are already working on ways to improve our web infrastructure so this doesn't happen again for any of our performing members, friends, families and fans.
Sincerely, 
Tim Snyder

• Like 2

Flo had an issue at...of all places Broken Arrow one of their first years. i know the old fan network was a disaster the first year they streamed finals.

Flo also had some epic WGi fails. at no time were solutions like what Box5 has offered up EVER proposed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been impressed with Tim and Box5 too...the quality of the sound and picture are outstanding. I feel bad for what happened Saturday night with BOA Finals...I am hoping that Music for All allows him to rebroadcast this week, but I am not sure they will give permission due to copyright concerns. 

Speaking of copyright, if anyone knows, I was wondering - did FloMarching have to pay extra copyright fees for them to rebroadcast the DCI shows the next day during the summer? I have always wondered what the "law" is regarding re-playing an event.  No, it's not live, but it also is not being controlled by the consumer like an on-demand video...it is being broadcasted just like it was broadcast live (starting at a certain time, ending at a certain time, no ability to jump forward for the watcher, etc.) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, leed17 said:

I have been impressed with Tim and Box5 too...the quality of the sound and picture are outstanding. I feel bad for what happened Saturday night with BOA Finals...I am hoping that Music for All allows him to rebroadcast this week, but I am not sure they will give permission due to copyright concerns. 

Speaking of copyright, if anyone knows, I was wondering - did FloMarching have to pay extra copyright fees for them to rebroadcast the DCI shows the next day during the summer? I have always wondered what the "law" is regarding re-playing an event.  No, it's not live, but it also is not being controlled by the consumer like an on-demand video...it is being broadcasted just like it was broadcast live (starting at a certain time, ending at a certain time, no ability to jump forward for the watcher, etc.) 

Rebroadcast within 24 hours of the event is a somewhat gray area in the law. Anything after that and you need full on sync licenses, which for a show of 14 bands will easily run you well north of $30,000. Yes. $30k.

They are rebroadcasting each night this week. I actually watched part of last night. Tim is doing his best to do right by everyone. There are 4 options each day, based on time zone.

ANNOUNCEMENT
For our customers impacted by the outage during the Grand National Finals broadcast. We are pleased announce that BOX5-TV will be rebroadcasting the 2022 Grand National - Finals.

This includes all customers who purchased a Grand National Finals, All Grand Nationals and Pro Pass. These customers will have access to view these rebroadcasts as long as they are available.

The broadcast schedule is as follows:

Monday - 7pm (Eastern, Central, Mountain & Pacific)
Tuesday- 7pm (Eastern, Central, Mountain & Pacific)
Wednesday - 7pm (Eastern, Central, Mountain & Pacific)
Thursday - 7pm (Eastern, Central, Mountain & Pacific)
Friday - 7pm (Eastern, Central, Mountain & Pacific)

For instructions on how to access these rebroadcasts, please visit - box5tv.com/2022-grand-national-finals-rebroadcast-information/

In addition, we will be offering every customer of the Grand National Finals, All Grand Nationals and Pro Pass a 15% discount on future BOX5-TV broadcasts. That would include any future broadcast or Pro Pass that BOX5-TV offers. Information regarding that coupon will be forthcoming and be sent directly to those customers.

In addition, we will be reaching out to each finalist band director and offer our sincerest apologies on the issue that caused their families such disappointment and frustration during the live broadcast. We will also be offering to host a watch party for each finalist band which includes free access to the stream.

Subscribers please check your email for important information.

While we understand this isn’t a live broadcast, we hope it will help create some goodwill among our customers.”

Edited by wolfgang
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, wolfgang said:

They are rebroadcasting each night this week. I actually watched part of last night. Tim is doing his best to do right by everyone. There are 4 options each day, based on time zone.

ANNOUNCEMENT
For our customers impacted by the outage during the Grand National Finals broadcast. We are pleased announce that BOX5-TV will be rebroadcasting the 2022 Grand National - Finals.

This includes all customers who purchased a Grand National Finals, All Grand Nationals and Pro Pass. These customers will have access to view these rebroadcasts as long as they are available.

The broadcast schedule is as follows:

Monday - 7pm (Eastern, Central, Mountain & Pacific)
Tuesday- 7pm (Eastern, Central, Mountain & Pacific)
Wednesday - 7pm (Eastern, Central, Mountain & Pacific)
Thursday - 7pm (Eastern, Central, Mountain & Pacific)
Friday - 7pm (Eastern, Central, Mountain & Pacific)

For instructions on how to access these rebroadcasts, please visit - box5tv.com/2022-grand-national-finals-rebroadcast-information/

In addition, we will be offering every customer of the Grand National Finals, All Grand Nationals and Pro Pass a 15% discount on future BOX5-TV broadcasts. That would include any future broadcast or Pro Pass that BOX5-TV offers. Information regarding that coupon will be forthcoming and be sent directly to those customers.

In addition, we will be reaching out to each finalist band director and offer our sincerest apologies on the issue that caused their families such disappointment and frustration during the live broadcast. We will also be offering to host a watch party for each finalist band which includes free access to the stream.

Subscribers please check your email for important information.

While we understand this isn’t a live broadcast, we hope it will help create some goodwill among our customers.”

i watched. i am more than happy