2023 Scores Question

7 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Does figure skating rank then rate? I think not. 

Take a look at IJS. 

5 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I am aware, and that is why I keep arguing, because its wrong. 

We’ll party of one, the rest of the genre disagrees 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Take a look at IJS. 

You make my point for me. IJS uses a similar idea of "boxes" even though that is not what they are called, but scores are always announced after the skate. 

Edited by ContraFart

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

We’ll party of one, the rest of the genre disagrees 

Yes I do not subscribe to the groupthink. The only people that seem to be not aware that there are holes in the system are those that judge themselves. 

2 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Yes I do not subscribe to the groupthink. The only people that seem to be not aware that there are holes in the system are those that judge themselves. 

and as I said before if the corps dont like it the corps change it. Until then...........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

and as I said before if the corps dont like it the corps change it. Until then...........

I agree with your premise, but how many people inside the system will make my argument? 

23 hours ago, ContraFart said:

You make my point for me. IJS uses a similar idea of "boxes" even though that is not what they are called, but scores are always announced after the skate. 

but nothing is ever official til the end.

i'm not part of the groupthink, and really there isn't any. it is a pretty well embraced philosophy yes, but it's not brainwashed.

and the system is voted on by the corps. so instead of blaming the judges, blame the corps. 

• Like 3

I agree with your premise, but how many people inside the system will make my argument? 

the judges? it's not their place. the corps must like it, the same basic framework has been in place since 2000 with some tweaks along the way

• Like 2