Prettiest Town...Corps there won't treat you mean in Abilene - 7/18/23

25 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

What's going on with Academy?   They seem to be stalling.   Figured an AZ corps could handle the heat better than most.

Sadly, this is a similar pattern to what we saw with them last year. It’s almost like the staff is unsure how or struggling to clean. 

50 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

The only thing that would have made Abilene better, was for BK to be here and PC gets some payback from last night. 

Also how about PC nearly three pointing SOA?

And when is the last time we said PC is nearly three points behind the Cavaliers?!

Cali corps are representing this year!!!!

DITTO to all of that!!! Kids are hyped!  Can we kill inflation talk now?

Edited by spacewill
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

This year, I figured Horns would be PC's strong suit.  But the drums and guard are really holding their own.   This is a once in a lifetime season for this corps.  Keep pushing guys!

I would say, this is the start of something beautiful.  They have an amazing staff and the kids will want to go back if that staff stays!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

We don't know that to be a fact as to where that talent went. It could simply be hard work and the kids buying in to what the staff is giving them. 

Wasn't worth a response....almost worth it, but nah. Excited for Mandarins and PC!  SA is going to be a big litmus test!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Can we kill inflation talk now?

Yep! Whining about West Coast Inflation is officially dead for 2023........................wait a second.............western part of Texas is in the Mountain time zone........ that's too close to the west coast....................sorry but the scores were inflated tonight.  

• Like 2

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Yep! Whining about West Coast Inflation is officially dead for 2023........................wait a second.............western part of Texas is in the Mountain time zone........ that's too close to the west coast....................sorry but the scores were inflated tonight.  

Ah dang it!  You're right!  

• Haha 1

It's a little sad @Chief Guns.  After SA Mandarins and PC go our separate ways until Worlds.  Like our big brother is leaving us for a while!!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, spacewill said:

It's a little sad @Chief Guns.  After SA Mandarins and PC go our separate ways until Worlds.  Like our big brother is leaving us for a while!!!!

Wow! I didn't even realize that! 

4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Wow! I didn't even realize that! 

I might be a nerd and have a spreadsheet that tracks their season schedule, who's at their events and also what the scores are per event.   Easier to use that then to have to sift through dci.org.