I will not be outdone by other Drum Corps Internet Trolls (I own VMAPA.org)

5 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I still think you're talking about the corps director at the time, who I went into detail about in the aforementioned comment. I'm talking about the colorguard caption head, whose abuse I detailed in my letter.

Accurate 

1 minute ago, DSpruce said:

Accurate 

The harrowing thing about this activity is that abusers and their enablers can be celebrated for all the great things they did. Meanwhile, the abuse they oversaw or perpetuated is dismissed and silenced. Victims are left to deal with the pieces of their lives largely alone. This happens literally all the time. And  in nearly every report that's been disclosed to me.

So then, they move onto the next corps, the next gig, entirely unchecked to risk harming more members.

There is no accountability because no legal entity has jurisdiction over drum corps. That's a big reason why this keeps happening. Just happened this past season at a top 3 corps, all over again.

16 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I have gained the explicit consent of every single alum whose report I've put in a tally or have summarized. If someone feels like I've exploited them, they have not let me know of this. If they wish to rescind their consent, they are welcome to do so at any time and I'll happily oblige.

If a reporter feels that I've used their info without their consent, it's likely because their report is reflective of another similar one who has given me consent. There are a ton of similarities across these reports.

The org has no idea about most of these reports because reporters feel retaliation from alum and leadership.

Was wondering about that but was more referring to sitting in on things for purposes of collecting information to use against the staff and to speak poorly about alumni 

35 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

SCV took themselves out in shocking fashion destroying a storied history of being the only corps to ever make every DCI finals, if I was DCI, I would be ###### and demanding answers. 

They are. It's a reason why I'm not hopeful that Vanguard will be on the field next year: DCI has set requirements that it doesn't sound like they're close enough to reaching in time for a competitive season announcement. 

That said, they might be able to get far enough to be able to launch a tour with their Cadet corps, California only, and let their new corps director (the...what? 8th in 8 years?) get some experience running a tour.

Edited by Slingerland

2 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

Was wondering about that but was more referring to sitting in on things for purposes of collecting information to use against the staff and to speak poorly about alumni 

It's sad that you read it that way.

What you're seeing as "sitting on things" is actually maintaining the confidentiality that reporters requested of me. They don't me to talk about it. They don't want to share it with alum. They don't want to share it with leadership.

But they've trusted me to include that information, anonymized and summarized, when I share it out. I've given all this info to DCI. I've given it to VMAPA. Nothing. What else do you recommend I do with that? (Of course, assuming you've read the total of 8 other official channels I've tried to contact for help with this information.)

23 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Okay, Grandpa has not signed in for a while now, but this is getting ridiculous. 

@DSpruce we get it. Your intention was to shut @scheherazadesghost down in this thread. That's why you created an account, that's why you continue to try to point out "rude" things that she has said and continuously attack her. Thing is, you've said MUCH worse and have backtracked on MULTIPLE occasions in this thread, which is EXACTLY what she meant when she said something along the lines of "you can backtrack but the quotes don't change". 

I think it's time to move your guys discussion to the DMs, because this is getting absolutely ridiculous. 

Also, I love how the rules of the forum apply to certain members, and only them, because some of the things that have been said in targeted posts in this thread? Yeah, people have said much smaller statements and have been banned because of it. 

I definitely think a time out is in order here.

Go to separate corners! Both of you!

P.S. @DSpruce, for future reference, there's a quote option when you want to discuss something in particular that a particular person has posted. Nobody has time to try to read your mind through a screen to figure out who you're referencing in your posts.

I have explained the intention. 

4 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

It's sad that you read it that way.

What you're seeing as "sitting on things" is actually maintaining the confidentiality that reporters requested of me. They don't me to talk about it. They don't want to share it with alum. They don't want to share it with leadership.

But they've trusted me to include that information, anonymized and summarized, when I share it out. I've given all this info to DCI. I've given it to VMAPA. Nothing. What else do you recommend I do with that? (Of course, assuming you've read the total of 8 other official channels I've tried to contact for help with this information.)

Huh? Talking about meetings 

4 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

Huh? Talking about meetings 

They are publicly available meetings that are listed on the website right now. So I took that to mean the information was public.

And I'm a whistleblower who is also aweathered expert in nonprofit management and youth safeguarding. I only started sharing out after I experienced the hostility that you've denied I experienced, but have no access to knowing about. Or at least, you shouldn't have been granted access to those private discussions. But again, my private conversations have been shared out among alum so... we're even?

There are other alum in this thread who allude to the cliques and marginalization I'm referring to.

The harms perpetuated against me in retaliation far outweigh any "harm" you're indicating I've done to a multi-million dollar organization that abused me and others historically.