I will not be outdone by other Drum Corps Internet Trolls (I own VMAPA.org)

13 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

Objecting to the statement “the alumni mostly hate me”. Find this not factual and rude 

Homeslice, you started your comments here with blatant attacks using "you." Often.

An alum has used my private conversations without my consent to sabotage my meetings with leadership.

My intention to express my support for other reporters, at the behest of those still using the private Fb page has been dismissed. And that's me being diplomatic about it.

My comment above about publicly being called "someone who had a bad time" is so incredibly hurtful.

How exactly should I be characterizing alumni sentiments if this is all I get with a big slice of silence on the side.... except for the relatively small group (by comparison) of those who are also reporting abuse to me? Who, by the way, also report mistreatment by alum for telling the truth of their reports...

We're turning this into the alumni Fb page, which is counterproductive for us all. If you disagree with how I'm characterizing things, lord knows I've emphatically provided numerous ways to contact me by now and for the last year. Use them. You're still anon so I have no idea who you are or how to reach you, not that you've incentivized me much.

• Like 1

As far as recalled from the letter the person in question is accused of saying something not nice about having departed mid tour and this was not directly quoted in a way that could help the reader understand the subjective description to help cash that out. The individual is loved and esteemed outside of that. Just putting it out there. 

There is frustration but not hate and one would not possibly be able to know if others had hate unless someone said so outright. The majority of alum still probably don’t know about this situation so it is inaccurate to state most feel any way at all 

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Wrong. They told cadets and pioneer both to make huge changes or not be invited back. Cadets did. Pioneer didn’t 

And look at where Cadets are now. Thriving with only the sky as the limit in their new home. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Completely different situations. SCV took themselves out of the game this year; they weren't subject to disciplinary action because of member safety concerns prior to the season, ala both of your examples. 

SCV took themselves out in shocking fashion destroying a storied history of being the only corps to ever make every DCI finals, if I was DCI, I would be ###### and demanding answers. 

• Thanks 2

One line in the sand for some people has been using innocent individuals to collect information to put to this purpose without letting them know what was happening. I don’t wish for this to be characterized as some sort of coverup effort

19 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

As far as recalled from the letter the person in question is accused of saying something not nice about having departed mid tour and this was not directly quoted in a way that could help the reader understand the subjective description to help cash that out. The individual is loved and esteemed outside of that. Just putting it out there. 

The person I think you're referring to oversaw a culture of abuse for years according to my reports. Just like their predecessors. What they said to me wasn't just not nice. Omar Leyva, alum, and Rookie of the Year 2003, was a witness to this. They ridiculed me, publicly, for leaving tour while they weren't there after a doctor told me that I should stop marching or risk permanent injury. I wasn't able to walk or get food at Miss Amana on my own at the time. My recovery to walking on my own took months. I found out later that my SI joint had been dislocated. I didn't just "leave tour." The reason this was summarized and not detailed in the letter is because (1) abuse survivors are not always exceptionally verbal when recalling abuse, (2) I was trying to protect this person's identity at the time for my own safety, and (3) I knew alum would have a hard time believing me so I softened my language to give y'all a hint of what happened because I feared retaliation and disbelief. I have contacted this person's current employer to inform them of the abuse I'm aware of that occurred under their watch. No worries, they blew me off though.

The person I'm referring to was the caption head who abused me. And others. My letter is explicit about this person. One other alum and I had to contact leads for the 2003 project to ask them not to include them. AFAIK they acquiesced. Livid will not begin to explain how I feel if that is not true.