DCI Judging - YT Video by Funliner Productions

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

ice skating judges can be at the othe end of the ice. rinks aren't that small.

i question judges all the time. i also question people who have things explained to them and continue to grasp at straws to prove they're right

come on man, there is only one person on the ice. Thats just a bad faith argument. 

I am not grasping at straws. Dont treat me like I am stupid. 

I feel like I am being gaslit. Like I should ignore what my eyes and ears and 30 years of experience in this activity tell me and just blindly trust what the judges say. But a night like tonight makes that impossible for me. BD is NOT nearly 1.5 points better. 

17 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

come on man, there is only one person on the ice. Thats just a bad faith argument. 

I am not grasping at straws. Dont treat me like I am stupid. 

I feel like I am being gaslit. Like I should ignore what my eyes and ears and 30 years of experience in this activity tell me and just blindly trust what the judges say. But a night like tonight makes that impossible for me. BD is NOT nearly 1.5 points better. 

you believe what you want. it's clear nothing said...by many people in many threads with great experience sitting behind an ipad...will chaneg your mind. and then you'll just keep beating dead horses on here every time who you want to win doesn't.

the judging philosophy, the sheets, the criteria...everything has been explained to you. you don't like it, so you just keep spinning round and round.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

you believe what you want. it's clear nothing said...by many people in many threads with great experience sitting behind an ipad...will chaneg your mind. and then you'll just keep beating dead horses on here every time who you want to win doesn't.

the judging philosophy, the sheets, the criteria...everything has been explained to you. you don't like it, so you just keep spinning round and round.

apparently you are not reading the post because I am having some very enlightening conversations with some people. you just want me to blindly believe, and I will not do that. I am looking for the "why" not the "what" and you think I am beating a dead horse because I am not accepting the "what" for what it is. 

I understand more than you think. I may not agree with it, but I understand it and I take offense to those who treat me like I am stupid because I will not accept the status quo. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the judging philosophy, the sheets, the criteria...everything has been explained to you. you don't like it, so you just keep spinning round and round

Like Mandarins!!! 🙃

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ContraFart said:

apparently you are not reading the post because I am having some very enlightening conversations with some people. you just want me to blindly believe, and I will not do that. I am looking for the "why" not the "what" and you think I am beating a dead horse because I am not accepting the "what" for what it is. 

I understand more than you think. I may not agree with it, but I understand it and I take offense to those who treat me like I am stupid because I will not accept the status quo. 

i've read every one of your posts since you flipped out about WGI percussion. yet you keep going back to the same things over and over, that have been explained to you over and over.

i do look forward to Bones alumni next year. several mentors of mine will be participating

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jsd said:

Like Mandarins!!! 🙃

you keep me spinning right round 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i've read every one of your posts since you flipped out about WGI percussion. yet you keep going back to the same things over and over, that have been explained to you over and over.

i do look forward to Bones alumni next year. several mentors of mine will be participating

So I am either saying the same thing over and over again, or I am constantly moving the goal posts. Which is it?

6 hours ago, ContraFart said:

So I am either saying the same thing over and over again, or I am constantly moving the goal posts. Which is it?

Yes. Enjoy finals

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yes. Enjoy finals

I hope you know I respect the bleep out of you, but I am never going to stop pushing you on this subject. 

3 hours ago, ContraFart said:

I hope you know I respect the bleep out of you, but I am never going to stop pushing you on this subject. 

and don't be surprised i instead of replying i just click smiley faces on your posts

• Like 1
  • Confused 1