2017 Shows

9 hours ago, Frollo said:

Hey there folks. Does anyone know why its so hard to find recordings of 2017 shows? Is there a place we can purchase them? I fear that the official recording of my show is just going to be lost forever, which is really sad.

Which one are you looking for?

11 minutes ago, Frollo said:

Boston and Crown in 2017

Did you go to this page specifically?

https://marchingmusicdownloads.com/download/?_sft_download_category=2017

1 minute ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Yep! Unless I'm going crazy I only see audio, which I have already. Don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative of being able to listen to all these shows but after 5 years I'm dying to see these shows again somehow. I might just splurge for the DVDs and just accept all the cuts they made in the finals tapes.

Just now, Frollo said:

Yep! Unless I'm going crazy I only see audio, which I have already. Don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative of being able to listen to all these shows but after 5 years I'm dying to see these shows again somehow. I might just splurge for the DVDs and just accept all the cuts they made in the finals tapes.

Ahh ok, gotcha. I misunderstood. That may have been around the time where MMDL.com dropped the videos altogether. 

Maybe BSG's guy who knows a guy who knows a guy can help. Good luck.  

• Thanks 1

I thought you were looking for the one you marched.  Very impressive to march 2 shows in the same year lol

Haha I marched Boston but Crown was fun that year to watch from the back sideline and I never got to see it fully, just listened to the audio all the time.

Edited by Frollo

5 hours ago, Frollo said:

Haha I marched Boston but Crown was fun that year to watch from the back sideline and I never got to see it fully, just listened to the audio all the time.

OMG YOU MARCHED THAT? That is awesome! I wrote this little bit on Wicked Games, how much it means to me and DCI as a whole in the comments section of this dumb meme I made about it

(The meme was "I was reading this comment section of paranoid religious people crying "waaaa! the super bowl halftime is satanic!!!111🥺" and there was this one guy who said "why can't we just stick to a marching band" and I just thought "Buddy I don't know how to tell you"-)  accompanied by a screenshot of the pentagram drill. My accompanying comment:

I've always loved Boston's gothic/religious/mythology aesthetic, and I just want to say I am SO PROUD of the designers for this show. It took guts of steel to do a show:
- about the Salem witch trials
- featuring a burning and hanging scene
- with a giant pentagram drill covering most of the field
- touring places where people may consider witch trials to be a good thing, and continues practicing a modern-day variant

I think we all know someone (at least online) who needs to see Wicked Games. Huge respect for these legends🙌