DCI ALL-AGE CORPS

What corps are participating in DCI All-Age? I know most of the DCA corps and MBI are competing, anyone else?

• 5 weeks later...

Now that the 2024 schedule has been released one thing we know is the All Age season consist of only FIVE shows.

Barnum, Grand Prix, Landisville, Mt Olive and Reading. Also no championship Prelims just an afternoon championship. 

6 hours ago, dc fan-atic said:

Now that the 2024 schedule has been released one thing we know is the All Age season consist of only FIVE shows.

Barnum, Grand Prix, Landisville, Mt Olive and Reading. Also no championship Prelims just an afternoon championship. 

I think we may see the lineups change as the season gets closer. For example, Bucs usually do Allentown, at least in exhibition. Since their home show is Sunday of DCI East weekend, they could still add a Friday or Saturday performance to their schedule if they wanted.

As far as I can tell, the shows you listed are the only shows with JUST DCI All-Age corps, mainly for Northeast corps.

Corps like Atlanta CV, Cincinnati Tradition, Columbus Saints, Govies, Hurcs, Rogues Hollow, Sky, and White Sabres are also on DCI Open and World Class show rosters.

I'm not sure where they would put a Prelims event, both in terms of the schedule and venue, since Thursday and Friday at the Oil Can are pretty full with World Class Prelims and Semis, but I think we knew that was going to be the case going into this. Better Finals and no Prelims than no all-age corps at all, I suppose.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 6:00 PM, kevingamin said:

I think we may see the lineups change as the season gets closer. For example, Bucs usually do Allentown, at least in exhibition. Since their home show is Sunday of DCI East weekend, they could still add a Friday or Saturday performance to their schedule if they wanted.

As far as I can tell, the shows you listed are the only shows with JUST DCI All-Age corps, mainly for Northeast corps.

Corps like Atlanta CV, Cincinnati Tradition, Columbus Saints, Govies, Hurcs, Rogues Hollow, Sky, and White Sabres are also on DCI Open and World Class show rosters.

I'm not sure where they would put a Prelims event, both in terms of the schedule and venue, since Thursday and Friday at the Oil Can are pretty full with World Class Prelims and Semis, but I think we knew that was going to be the case going into this. Better Finals and no Prelims than no all-age corps at all, I suppose.

i think with the show Sunday at Reading, Allentown will just be World Class corps. and yeah there's fewer shows...the season lost 3 weeks.

On 11/18/2023 at 12:15 AM, Jeff Ream said:

i think with the show Sunday at Reading, Allentown will just be World Class corps. and yeah there's fewer shows...the season lost 3 weeks.

Can't predict the future as to whether this new all-age thing will work long-term... but I'm hoping that perhaps the all-age corps will come out a bit earlier in the years to come, given the shorter timeline.

And by "come out a bit earlier"... I mean come out reasonably fully prepared.

Just call me Mr. Perfect World.   😆