DCI Januals 2024

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Sam Mitchell.  Sam Phillips gave us Elvis. 

thanks. he was so unmemorable i could only remember his first name

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Indy Star broke the Larry Nassar story.  Their reporters wouldn’t even need to make long distance phone calls & wouldn’t need to pack an overnight bag. 

and they didn't jump on the DCI stuff when Hopghazi first broke.

6 hours ago, PercSnare said:

Just a couple examples of Corps that have been run by business savy individuals are Star of Indiana and Bluecoats.  Yes.... there are others out there for sure and Bill/Ted both had successful multi-million dollar businesses to connect the corps which doesn't happen everyday.  But the point is that hopefully every corps has a "Business Advisor" of some sort looking out to maximize its "rainy day" fund through creative fundraising, donations, sponsors, etc..  Also just because a person has that assignment, doesn't mean they know what they are doing!  Alumni networking can be a great help with this.   In order to get ahead these corps must be more proactive and incorporate business like financial practices.  Hopefully new director can help with all of this.  I'm impressed though that most corps are still with us today and have managed to navigate the financial turbulence of recent years.  Big Kudos to them!  

well....given the SCV stuff and Cadets recent issues....most corps probably don't.

6 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Yes, but there is a difference between charitable donations vs. revenue earned from providing goods/services.

and maybe he can do it. it'll take time. honestly it can't be worse.

5 hours ago, MikeN said:

DCI is a bigger org than USA Water Ski?  O_o

Mike

not from what i see looking around

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

He could put out statement that he cannot speak to ongoing litigation, but there is no place in the activity for those who mistreat the participants.   DCI should publicly commit to this.  

yes they should, but why start now? and again, it wasn't what Dan asked so i'm guessing if not asked don't volunteer. perfect courtroom strategy