DCI Januals 2024

So annual DCI meeting starts 4 January.  

No rules proposals this year?   Do I recall correctly that rules proposals are an every other year thing?  

Seems like there will be a few other topics to discuss.   One thing I hope is on agenda is a ‘plan B’ if LOS field replacement falls behind schedule & isn’t complete by August.   

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

One thing I hope is on agenda is a ‘plan B’ if LOS field replacement falls behind schedule & isn’t complete by August.   

2008 Part 2 maybe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I thought about that.  I wonder how the design side would deal with switch from finals being in a room (albeit a large room) to out-of-doors (as God intended)?

DCI needs to get a decision from LOS soon so designers can know whether or not they can use a tunnel.  2010 PR would never have been the same outdoors. 

18 minutes ago, TOC said:

DCI needs to get a decision from LOS soon so designers can know whether or not they can use a tunnel.  2010 PR would never have been the same outdoors. 

The tunnel hasn’t been used recently in shows. Why is that?

7 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

The tunnel hasn’t been used recently in shows. Why is that?

Random assumed thoughts:

Logistics can be an issue 

Noway to rehearse it unless you’re getting dome time in other cities 

Potentially PR didn’t get great feedback from it?

I’d want to explore the rules of exiting the field. Technically it’s “out of bounds” of the performance area. The beginning of Into the Light was a pre show so it’s not judged. Was the exit outside of adjudication as well? I’m not sure. Then that brings in the whole being within the time limits while having a “pre” and “post” show that aren’t judged. And if it’s not judged is it worth doing in the long run? 

Don't get me wrong, Into the Light is one of my favorite shows of all time. I’m just playing devils advocate 

I don't think the horns were playing on the exit.  The performers making the sound were on the field.  There's visual effect of them flowing down the tunnel but a lot of that was achieved before crossing the performance lines it seemed to me.

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I don't think the horns were playing on the exit.  The performers making the sound were on the field.  There's visual effect of them flowing down the tunnel but a lot of that was achieved before crossing the performance lines it seemed to me.

They played a final chord once they were in the tunnel 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

They played a final chord once they were in the tunnel 

Ah right.  Been awhile since I've watched it.