Pacific Crest 2024

Got a small snippet of the PC sound from their brass camp.  Let's just say the complaints last year of them not being loud compared to other corps and music being too  easy will probably be squashed this year.  Gonna be an exciting summer!

• Like 6

Ooh. now I can't wait for those late nights on the East Coast to stay up and catch the Cali corps

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

I know most corps had their camps this past weekend but PC's first full camp is this weekend!  My kid can't make this one but I'm excited that they are fielding a full horn line (I think they were about 10 short last year) and seem to be riding that momentum from last year.  The old adage is you can't control the quality or improvements of everyone else, but you can definitely control what you bring to the field and I'm excited to see what PC brings this year!!!!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I know most corps had their camps this past weekend but PC's first full camp is this weekend!  My kid can't make this one but I'm excited that they are fielding a full horn line (I think they were about 10 short last year) and seem to be riding that momentum from last year.  The old adage is you can't control the quality or improvements of everyone else, but you can definitely control what you bring to the field and I'm excited to see what PC brings this year!!!!

I am rooting so hard for PC to make finals! 

Do you know where they will be housing in June leading up to the season?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I am rooting so hard for PC to make finals! 

Do you know where they will be housing in June leading up to the season?

They have a non move-in Camp the first week of June at Diamond Bar High School and on the 8th (the official move-in date) they go to Charter Oak High School in Convina till the 16th.  On the 17th they go to Canyon Springs High School in Moreno Valley which is their last home destination before they hit the road!  

Their SoCal Drum Corps Preview will be 6/22 at Canyon Springs High School.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, spacewill said:

They have a non move-in Camp the first week of June at Diamond Bar High School and on the 8th (the official move-in date) they go to Charter Oak High School in Convina till the 16th.  On the 17th they go to Canyon Springs High School in Moreno Valley which is their last home destination before they hit the road!  

Their SoCal Drum Corps Preview will be 6/22 at Canyon Springs High School.  

Diamond Bar and Charter Oak is about a 45-50min drive from the crib. And Canyon Springs in Moreno Valley is 25min away. 

Definitely going to go check them out next month! 

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Diamond Bar and Charter Oak is about a 45-50 drive from the crib. And Canyon Springs in Moreno Valley is 25min away. 

Definitely going to go check them out next month! 

NICE!  We won't be able to see their show live until we hit their first Northern California tour stops in Clovis, Stanford, and Sacramento.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spacewill said:

NICE!  We won't be able to see their show live until we hit their first Northern California tour stops in Clovis, Stanford, and Sacramento.  

Well my wife and I are just down the freeway from PCs camp sites. I know you are in Texas. So if your son needs anything while he is out here in SoCal, let us know. We are more than happy to help.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

Well my wife and I are just down the freeway from PCs camp sites. I know you are in Texas. So if your son needs anything while he is out here in SoCal, let us know. We are more than happy to help.

Sometimes a simple boot in his A.....oh wait..

Man, much appreciated!!!!!  Really love the drum corp families and comradery we are seeing.  We'll definitely let you know!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 1:51 PM, spacewill said:

Sometimes a simple boot in his A.....oh wait..

Man, much appreciated!!!!!  Really love the drum corp families and comradery we are seeing.  We'll definitely let you know!

Pleasure is all mine to assist in any way I can. Dre did Open Class in 2022, so all the parents that lived locally came together to support the corps and look after the out of state kids. If my boy was marching out of state, I would hope someone would do the same for me.

Edited by Chief Guns