Pacific Crest 2024

7 hours ago, spacewill said:

With that said, many of the other corps seem to be having great off seasons too  (Blue Knights, Spirit, etc.) so it's always just a matter of who executes the best by end of year!  It's really looking like another exciting year for the multiple competitions within groups (top 4, 5 to 8, 9 to 13, etc.).

This is the key to every off-season.   Every Corps is so much better than they were at the same time last year, especially according to their press releases.  What matters (from a scoring perspective) is how much ‘so much better’ they are relative to everyone else’s ‘so much better’. 

11 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Covid in 2020 derailed all the momentum they had coming off 2019. I believe they shot up five or six spots in the last two weeks of the season, and darn near caught SOA for 13th.

We'll never know, but I believe if not for Covid, PC would have been a Finalist or at the very least a serious contender for the 12th spot in 2020. 

I am rooting for them big time this year, and I hope they can perform on Saturday night in Indy. 

I would love for them to get to where they were in 2019 and move up even further.  I loved their show.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Glad to see you here Chief.  

Thanks brother. I am still mourning the Super Bowl. Such a devastating loss for my beloved 49ers. It's going to be a LONG off-season. Luckily I have drum corps to help lol. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I thought Goddess was fine.  I think the MMs might have surprised the staff by performing the daylights out of it earlier than anticipated.  So the staff was working to layer a bit more into it without overdoing the original concept. 

If the design and instruction staff are consistent from last year, then they've likely learnt that and have planned accordingly.  

exactly. they didn't have enough time to add more beef and do it in a smart way.

On 2/19/2024 at 6:34 AM, KVG_DC said:

I thought Goddess was fine.  I think the MMs might have surprised the staff by performing the daylights out of it earlier than anticipated.  So the staff was working to layer a bit more into it without overdoing the original concept. 

If the design and instruction staff are consistent from last year, then they've likely learnt that and have planned accordingly.  

In the Olden Days we called this ‘peaking early’. 

49 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

In the Olden Days we called this ‘peaking early’. 

Classic case of it.  But you peak with what you're given.  It'll get ironed out with consistency in the org and they'll get on track.

• Like 1

Goddess was a good show, but the dci movie announcers ruined it for me “aPhRoDiTe Is mY fAvOrItE gOdDeSs”

I always read it as a Circe show anyway.  I mean the MMs getting lured and trapped on the island and all.  

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Like Gilligan.  But different. 

Just a tad.  Now if there was an unaired episode where Ginger lures the guys into the trees, then Mary Ann whacks them, and Mrs. Howell serves them up with a nice side of fava beans....

• Haha 4