Tony Royster Jr

Cainan

I dont post here much, but last night whilst stumbling my way through Kazaa, I came across a video of this kid named Tony Royster Jr, all of 12 years old, playing the most amazing drum solo. Has anybody here seen that clip? Frickin amazing it was!

A tiny kid sits down behind a huge kit and proceeds to effortlessly pull off things I couldn't even imagine playing myself. Yup, I've seen it. Frickin amazing is right! Some of the stuff he does just doesn't look like it can possibly be coming from a 12 year old. I think prodigy is the word I'm looking for. :)

Edited by drummist

Tony Royster Jr. is the epidimy of determination, discipline, prodigy, and any other word of such that describes pure talent. I've seen that video countless times and it never ceases to amaze me. He's about 18 years old now, has played with countless artists, appeared on a few TV shows. He does have a website at

http://www.tonyroysterjr.com/

Now, is he the next Buddy Rich???

Now, is he the next Buddy Rich???

It's always tough when someone asks a question such as yours Kevin. There is many kids, adults that can play what he played and play even better than he did but they just can't play it like Buddy Rich did. Also the styles between Tony Royster Jr. and Buddy Rich are tough to compare. Tony is more of a fusion funk type player where as Buddy Rich was more jazz than anything.

• 2 weeks later...