SPace chords

GCityVet

We played space chords (Actually we called them CRUNCH chords) as part of warmup. Actually the instructor assigned every horn player a note to play during the crunch chord and then resolve on the C MAJ chord. We used the crunch chord for balancing. It was wierd because the 3 or so players to your right and left were playing different notes. Loved doing it.

Triple Forte

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Cadets 1997, we did space chord as a victory gig thing, and we added four bar phrase snippets of "space" type music throughout. The tubas did the ostinato from Mars, the mellos did the jetsons theme...and so on...

Gots to love the space chord!!!!

Peace!

yeah mellos i did something like that with a d 3 corps

lets see...

the sops had Close Encounters theme

mellos had - (i can't even remmember)

bari's had - Also Auch Sprach

the contras - star wars - emperor's march motif

Ahh the memories of being in the BD horn line,if only for two seasons, those space chords gave me goose bumps,much copied by others but never bettered.

I'll never forget the build up,Wayne's arms waving erratically his heavy intake hiss of breath just before the open 5th C/G resolve.Ear bleeding,brain pulping magic.

and to top it all,then came the raised thumbs for F-Tuning.

WOW MAAAAN i want a time machine from santa !!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, good stuff. I sat in front of BD's arch in 2001 in Kennesaw, *drool* Got there as they were going into shotgun. Then again in 2003 at Nightbeat, had to walk forever to find them. Got to hear some slurs and the like, with chords to cap off each passage of course. Then called my mom on the cell and held it up during a run of the ballad. Very cool, in a blazingly hot way... :)